Friday, March 18, 2016

Travel Day Home ~ Wah, Wah, Wah....

We had to wake up at 5, which was really 4. But now when everyone is tired, I just remind them how tired they were after that red eye flight and then it doesn't seem so bad.

I wanted to post a few pics from my phone from the first day before we went to dinner, but I didn't download phone pics until later, so you are getting them now.  My girl took this of herself.  I'm sure she put it on instagram, but I don't know.  I think she's cute.  She needed a little pair of sandals and I was able to buy her a women's 5/6 size.  She's growing up.



And I took this one of myself for my Mom who gave me this orange dress to take on the trip.  Well, her friend gave it to her and she gave it to me, but whatever.  Thanks Mom!  I love it!


This was Em and I on the flight home.  She was sad, I was happy.  

And this little guy slept the whole way, just laid back, put his feet on me and he was out.  Ben played with his Spiderman figure from Universal for the entire 5 hours.  I'm not even kidding.  I kept asking if he wanted a book or paper and pen, but nope, he was just playing with this little figurine.  Em slept too and then we had a doodling contest.  I lost!

It was truly one of our best vacations.  We didn't have any major issues.  Nobody lost anything.  The weather was perfect.  And it didn't fly by.  It seemed like we were gone for a month, which is always great.  

I was worried the kids wouldn't be that into cruising, but they really loved it.  I had heard about when you port, that people are on you trying to buy stuff, but nobody really bothered us.  We just said "no thank you" and moved on.  The only one who even tried to push was Big Sandra who wanted to braid my hair for half price on our way back to the ship.  She was funny though and not rude or anything.  

Oh, and my boys did get a schooling in female anatomy on the ship.  With lots of college girls on spring break, some bathing suits were rather skimpy.  I asked Ben what he thought of that.  He just raised his shoulders.  I said, "Don't you think they should cover up their butts a little and leave something to the imagination?"  To which he said, "Ew, why would you want to imagine that!"  :)  I guess at 10, his imagination is still filled with superheros, which is where it should be.

Thanks to my Mom for holding down the fort for us and taking care of our sweet Rocko.  And to Gwynne and Enrique for being so sweet and treating us to dinner and having all of our favorite snacks waiting on us.  Florida ~ we will be back and it won't be 5 years until our next visit!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boo Hoo... no more reports on your vacation. We loved seeing all the pics and reading your comments on what was happening each day. Thank you.
Love,
G