Thursday, February 25, 2016

Underwater

We go on a lot of water vacations. Beaches, lakes, rivers, streams, we love it all. We've been thinking about getting an underwater camera for awhile and just didn't want to fork out the money. But, with a cruise to the Bahamas coming up in a week, we finally made the plunge. I'm so glad we did!

Emily was dying to go to the pool today and test it out. I'm glad we did. It has a learning curve to it. Like she learned when you hit delete, don't follow that with "all frames" or everything you just took for 45 minutes will be deleted. I had to tell her do not review or delete anything on our trip. Wait until we get back, get the SD card safely downloaded in the computer and then we can delete all we want. Better that lesson learned at the pool, than on our snorkeling adventure.

She had a blast and I'm sure it will be a hit with her friends this summer.


I was surprised that it takes pretty good photos.


I loved this one.  The lens is half in the water, so you get an above the water and below shot.  Even if it does make her hands look like they belong to a giant.


It also has cool features, like this one where it makes everything black & white except what color you pick.  I picked blue, so that color shows up.  Fun!


And she also took a video.  Shocking, I know.



I can't wait to take pictures of some fish.  Oh, a sea turtle would be the BEST!

3 comments:

Linda said...

That's neat! :)

We always back up our card while on vacation directly to the laptop as well so that we always have the extra backup copy, because we've had issues with photos on vacation at least twice that resulted in me freaking out while we were there and Jim having to recover them all with software. So, it's good to always do a backup while away as well just to be sure all works out okay. Your vacation is coming up quickly :) Ours is too... in roughly 3 weeks. I love water vacations as well, even though I don't go in past my ankles.

Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

So fun! You guys are going to have a blast! Can't wait to see all the pics!
Love,
Pam

Anonymous said...

Great pics. Thanks for sharing. I know you guys will put that camera to good use in a little over a week. Liked the picture of Ben in the world of black and white. I've always liked those selected color pictures and wondered how it was done.. not that I now know but at least it gave me a clue. ! Tell Em thanks for being the guinea pig I think that is not spelled correctly just can't think of how to spell it. Love the one with the freckles . They are certainly not that prominent out of water, but are still lucky to be on such a cutie pie.
Have a great weekend. ☼
Love,
G