Monday, February 8, 2016

Sunny Day

What a difference a week makes.  Last Monday was a snow day

Yesterday, we celebrated 60 degrees for the first time in ages, and we took full advantage of it.

We all played some tennis and basketball.

Emily did her usual 100 handstands.

Then, we hit the pool and hot tub!

As far as I'm concerned, it can stay 60 for months, which it looks like we are good for the next week.

And, look at this picture of Emily from her instagram.  I was scrolling through it checking things out (because I'm that kind of Mom) and scrolled right by this picture and thought, "Whose that teenager?"  I literally thought she was like 16.  Aaccckkkk!!  It's my daughter and she's only 11!

Now, we have a crazy busy week ahead.  Ben's birthday is the 15th and it just so happens to be President's Day, so we all have the day off.  FUN!

2 comments:

Linda said...

That looks like gorgeous weather! Parts of Illinois (way southern - my favorite part of the state) were in the 60s this last week, but today... all of Illinois is back in the cold zone with a little snow. So far, we just have a slight dusting here in Central Illinois. I took a sick day today because I've been sick with a head cold for at least a week now and feeling pretty miserable. Jim's had it for at least a couple of weeks already - he brought it home from his work, where everyone has been sick.

Supposed to be cold all week here again but that is pretty typical for IL. I'm wishing Spring Break would just hurry on up so we can be on Dauphin Island! :)

I didn't know Emily had an Instagram page... guess I need to follow her, lol. That's the only place I post pictures nowdays since I quit Facebook postings.
Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Wow! you're right what a difference 6 days makes... Unbelievable almost!Emily is a really good little gymnast. Grampie was impressed. He also didn't believe that was really Emily in that picture. He thought she looked much older as well. I guess these next few years will just fly by and before you know it we'll be saying what a difference 6 years makes... :)
Hope you all have a great week. ☼
Love,
G.