Friday, January 8, 2016

A Week in Review

It's been a heck of first week back at school. Sunday started with a three hour power outage.  My kids didn't know what to do at first and Ben asked me if that was how it was when I was a kid.  Um, when do you think I was born child?

I had the kids clean the bathrooms with headlamps.  They were not amused.  Well, Noah didn't mind.


I woke up at 8:30 to no power and my coffee was cold.  Where there is a will, there is a way.  Thank goodness our BBQ runs on gas.


They played Twister and had cereal for breakfast.

Then, the power came back on.  Yea!

Monday and Tuesday were regular days at school.  Followed by three days of two hour delays at school.  

The kids didn't mind waking up to this every morning.


David talked me in to going on our walk in this weather.  It's not snowing he said.  It's not even raining he said.  We were a mile away from the house and the snow started coming down.  


I didn't get a picture of Thursday mornings snow delay.  But, Friday morning was fun.


It was a good week back at school.  Then, I noticed Rocko eating something on our carpet.  It was tanish, and I thought it was one of his bones.  Turns out it was Obi Wan Kenobi.  Ben was playing with him in his room and I called him to dinner.  Rocko walked in, found Obi Wan and decided to make him an amputee.  

For a second, Ben looked really sad.  Then, I told him to make it into a fun story and an alligator ate his legs.  To which he said there are no gators in Star Wars.  Ok, so Chewbacca got hungry?  Ben got over it and made him a wheel chair.


He was laughing and the picture is blurry and his eyes are closed, but I love his smile.

The weekend came just in time.  David has a fever and isn't feeling well.  We promised the kids a trip up the mountain to go sledding too,  Oh and all this cold makes me long for somewhere warm.  So, I booked us a trip to Florida for Spring Break in 56 days.  We are going on a 4 day cruise to the Bahamas and a few days at Universal.  Can't wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds and looks like a busy week. All the way from no power to planning a trip to Florida and beyond...
I hope David is feeling better otherwise the sledding trip to the mountains may not be the best way to spend a day off. I loved all the expressions on the kids faces as they dealt with the ups and downs of this past week.
Hope this is a good weekend for all. :)
Love,
G.

Linda said...

It does sound like a busy week! Fun times in the snow (yes, better you than us!) Here we only have frigid cold. I still did my 3 mile run/walk yesterday morning when it was 12 degrees (6 below with the wind) and about frostbit my legs, so off to the sporting goods store, Jim and I went and he bought me more layers of under armor and a jacket that I can wear in layers while running/walking, so I'm trying all of that today. When I wear the balaclava with the outfit, I look like a Ninja. My family loves to laugh at how I look and I imagine if my co-workers see me heading out on my hour run/walk in this weather, they will shake their heads as well, but I'm a firm believer in getting the fresh air exercise. No one has been sick at our house the whole season, though I attribute that to my less-than-stellar cleaning so we live with germs, LOL. I don't know.... I do have a bit of an upper respiratory annoying cough at times, but it's nothing that keeps me down, so it's virtually non-existent I guess.

Anyway.... you probably didn't want to know all that info, ha ha. As always, I look forward to your updates from "snowy" Arizona. ;)

Love, Linda