Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Two Week Round Up

Well, it's been a busy couple of weeks around here.  As so often is the way it goes at the holidays.  I just packed up most of the Christmas decorations yesterday and need to get this post done before the New Year, so I feel on top of things.

I posted this on Facebook, but not here.  This is our bedroom before and after the "new" carpet my Dad and Suzy gave us.  We love it!


We've had a lot of this white stuff lately.  I think three snowfalls in the past 30 days.  Not a ton of snow, but enough to play in and that's all the kids care about. 


We sang, played piano and did some readings at the rest home. Emily came home from school that day and wasn't feeling great, so she stayed home.  


Here is Noah and Ben's reading.  It was awesome.  I even love the commotion about Oval (the 104 year old) lady almost spilling coffee on herself.   That's Oval right in front int he blue jacket.  She can't sit up really or hear or see.  It's rather sad.



We had our neighborhood Christmas party at the clubhouse.  Emily still didn't feel well enough to go.  The kids did a this fun right/left game with candy.  Always fun!



And more snow...


And somewhere in all this, Grammie came to visit from Florida.  She took us to Texas Roadhouse for dinner.  Yum!


The kids put on a Grinch play.  They wrote the story and had music and a narrator and the whole nine yards.  It was awesome.

Aunt Pam came up too.  She came before Christmas since she wanted to do something wintery with the kids.  So, we went to the Gingerbread Village.  


Noah loved the train that went around.

She wanted wintery, and Prescott did not disappoint.


Later that day, Noah puked.  Then, we went down to my Dad and Suzy's for Christmas Adam.  That's Christmas Eve Eve.  Noah still wasn't feeling all that great.


The kids got spoiled with gifts.


My brother helping Noah with rollerskates.

My niece, Tiffany, doing Emily's skip it.



Then, Alisa and her kids showed up on Christmas Eve.  Not sure where Greg was in this picture.


'Twas the night before chaos.


And then, the morning of chaos.


We had several nice meals with everyone at the table.  


The girls in matching outfits.


And the boys, not sure where Ben was.


There was lots of playing outside.


And a final picture of Grammie with all 5 of her grandkids.


I love the holiday's and all that goes with it. The lights, the music, the merriment.  

But, I like to pack it all up and move on.
And New Years is the perfect way to do that.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you did a great job of getting all of the excitement of those two weeks compressed into one neat blog, so I'm sure by now you'll also have completed getting all your Christmas deco taken down and stored away for another year.
I had a great time with all of you and want to thank you so much for making the time memorable for me. ( your blog helps remind me of all that happened during my visit)As always I had a great visit and can't wait to come again.
Love,
G

Linda said...

I've been anxiously anticipating your update! :) Thanks for posting. Everything looks great, so much fun. Though, I don't believe in packing away Christmas until after New Years. We used to keep everything up to Three Kings which is something like January 5th, but now, I wait until the day after New Years to take everything down and pack it away, so that will be this weekend. I'm still off until the middle of next week, and I like to consider the 12 days of Christmas. :) In fact, one of our radio stations is still playing Christmas music and I really enjoyed that when we were out and about today. The time after we pack everything away is when I usually hit rock bottom emotionally, so I tend to like to wait until the last minute to do this. Though, I have some plans for some winter hiking this weekend and early next week, so long as Sarah and Jim are agreeable to that task. ;)

I love that all of you were together for Christmas. We never have that here directly on Christmas, which is why you saw my family get together a week before Christmas. Though, we have had Sarah here every single day and I think she and I are getting on each other's nerves, LOL. She's such a homebody like me - we've both been hermits lately, except you know me and I've been out every single day, not missing any, running and walking.

We finally have our cold - but no snow. Our grass is green and growing, though I expect that will stop soon because it is very cold today - in the 20s. Regardless, we're having a New Years Eve bonfire tonight, though I imagine it will be short lived, with our college students not wanting to be out there for long I'm sure, lol.

Happy New Year to you and your sweet family. Love you all,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a fun visit, friend! Looks like the rest of your holiday went well. We'll have to catch up soon! Love you!
Love,
Pam