Monday, November 30, 2015

Thankful

We've been so busy the past week. This is how it goes this time of year. Before you know it, it'll be 2016 and the school year is half over.

But, we have lots to be thankful for right now.

Noah was an Indian in a little Thanksgiving play at school.  He was such a cute Indian.


Then, his class came front and center and did a little song.  The girl next to Noah makes me laugh.

Then, Noah and this kid were playing around. 
Pilgrims and Indians...can they ever really get along?  Noah is faking in this picture.

Then, we went to my Dad and Suzy's house for Thanskgiving dinner.  That's my Mom's new little dog.  Her name is Tammy.  Yes, the same as my sister.  The crazy thing is my Mom's friend bought her from a breeder for my Mom.  The breeder had already named her Tammy.  How crazy is that?  Guess it was meant to be.

And she is just the cutest little thing.

The kids were instantly in love and she behaves so well.



Here is the feast that Suzy made.  It was soooo good.  David didn't even come up from his plate for the photo. 

Then, we played some pool.

Emily and Ben were obsessed with my Dad's little mini Cooper.


I love my little body in the side mirror above in the reflection.  I look tiny, but my hips look huge.  Go figure. 

It was a nice low key Thanksgiving.  

Then, the kids had 5 days off, so they had lots of time to play.

I wonder when these two will ever stop dressing up.  Yes, those are underwear over Ben's pants.



Pam came up for a quick visit.  It was great to see her.  We went out for lunch and shopping.  It's always nice to catch up.


Emily went to her friends house who had roller skates.  She tried them and it's her new obsession.  I had some roller blades that I bought at a yard sale that nobody ever really tried out.  Ben gave them a whirl. 


I still had my roller blades that are probably 20 years old.  David has some too.  We used to roller blade around our neighborhood and play hockey sometimes.  Emily has been wearing mine and trying to figure it out.  So, I put them on and whoosh, went flying through the house.  Whoosh, back the other way.  I think she was impressed.  Yes, dear, your mother has many talents.  HA!

Noah has been wearing Ben's pair which is too small for Ben and too big for Noah, but whatever. Noah is actually doing really well in them and is picking it up fast.  Emily is too.  

And with Christmas around the corner, I think these kiddos may get new skates.  

We have a ton of home improvement things going on.  David and I are trying to build a desk for our computers.  My Dad also got new flooring and gave us all of his carpet which is in like new shape.  So, we have to find someone to come install that.  Which also means moving all the furniture out of our bedroom, closet and guest room.  Plus, we plan to get our outside of our house repainted, so I've been getting quotes.  Hopefully, we'll get colors picked out and get a date schedule for the new year.

In all the craziness, we are thankful for the chaos.  It means our lives are full, and for that I'm grateful.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Lots of good things to be thankful for! :)
Hope you have a wonderful December.

Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Grampie says THANK YOU for the pics. He was going into a blue funk not having seen any for a few days. It does seem like you guys have been very busy over the past week and also shows that yes, you do have lots to be thankful for and glad you are at the point in your life that you realize it. God has been good to you and your family and you are well aware of it.
Again thanks for the update. We love you all.
Love,
G