Wednesday, November 11, 2015

A Nice Hike

The kids and David were off today for Veteran's Day. We took our family photos last weekend, and Ben was disappointed that there wasn't more rocks around to climb. So, we promised him a trip to The Dells, our rocky area here in Prescott. And boy, it did not disappoint. The only thing I regret is that I didn't bring my good camera. I only had my phone.


They didn't waste any time heading off the trail to explore.



Can you find Noah?  David, Emily and Ben are at the top and Noah is down to the right in a green jacket.


A cool staircase to more rocks.

David and the kids headed off the trail again.  I thought they were just going for a minute.  But, they climbed a huge mountain.  I'm taking a selfie.


They are next to that big rock that I was hoping wouldn't fall while I was standing there.


You can't even see them in this picture.  See the big tree, go to your left a little and you'll see a small bush tree.  Then, just to the left of that is David and the kids.


David took these pics from the top of the mountain on his phone.


Time to relax.



And hike some more...



This trail was called Castle Rock because that little area David and Ben are on looks castleish.


The rocks are so cool.





And the trees!  They were just stunning with light and fall colors.


I do have one other regret, that we haven't explored this area sooner.  There is another trail here, so we'll come back soon and check out.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Looks like a wonderful day doing something I love best - hiking!!! :) Though I'm not so sure-footed anymore (don't know that I ever was really, lol) and so when Jim and I go to these rocky areas of our state, we're always very careful and don't go out too far on the rocks. The photos are nice, even if you didn't have your real camera. ;)

Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Wow! Loved all the pics . Looks like a great day and I know Emily liked it as she told me so on Skype and is looking forward to going again. It looked like a great family outing for sure.I think it is the right time of year for outings like this. Not too hot and not really too cold.
Love,
G.