Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Vacation, Day 5

Oh gosh, we love it here. We just chill and relax and have nothing to do but go to the beach. It's perfect.

We started our day at the beach that just a few minute walk from our house. We were the only people there. I mean look at this picture....AH MAZING.
IMG_6699

David enjoyed a little quiet time to contemplate life.
IMG_6701

And then the witch monkeys ruined it.
IMG_6702

IMG_6703

The are Trouble!
IMG_6706

I got up there with them.
IMG_6709

Noah was trying to do bunny ears on Emily, and I told him not to. So, he gave himself double bunny ears. He cracks me up.
IMG_6712

We are learning to find the light since the flash on my camera doesn't work.
IMG_6715

Noah said he was the king of the world.
IMG_6717

Emily was doing hand stands.
IMG_6719

Noah found a crab claw.
IMG_6721

We found lots and lots of beach glass. I keep saying I'll make a mosaic out of it, but I think all I will do is put it all in a mason jar. That'll be cute though.
IMG_6722

Em chillaxing.
IMG_6723

We came home and ate lunch and headed to what we call starfish beach. The tide was at it's lowest point and yet it was still kind of high. But, we still found some starfish.
IMG_6724

IMG_6725

IMG_6736

The rocks are covered in mussels. Tons and tons of mussels. It was so cool.
IMG_6727

There were more dead jellies. Amy says that these jellies don't sting, even alive.
IMG_6728

We thought this looked like Patrick from Spongebob.
IMG_6731

Ben was in his element rock climbing.
IMG_6738

David told Noah this was a dinosaur egg and Noah totally believed him.
IMG_6739

Everyone went swimming.
IMG_6740

IMG_6742

If you see that tiny dot between Emily and David? It was a cute little sea otter.
IMG_6743

Then, we found a huge jelly.
IMG_6745

And a baby starfish.
IMG_6746

And a bald eagle.
IMG_6750

I told David to try to pole vault with this stick. :)
IMG_6754

And a fallen tree needed to be walked across. Shocker.
IMG_6755

Tomorrow is our last full day. We plan to spend it at the beach!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Great photos! :) Love your commentary too.

Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Gina, I know you guys must be having lots of fun family time. Imagine being the only ones on a deserted beach. So glad to see the kids interest in the different sea creatures. Noah really does look like King of the world climbing up on that big tree trunk. I love the driftwood one sees up that way. Well I guess today is your last day band then you will be hitting the highways instead of the beaches for a short time and then once again you'll be on the water and enjoying the much calmer and maybe warmer lake waters in Idaho. Safe travels. Say Hi to your dad and Suzy for me.
Love,
G