Sunday, May 3, 2015

Around Our House

The school year is quickly coming to a close.  They have 14 days left of school!  Now is the last three weeks where everything happens, final reports are due, music concerts are happening, volunteer lunch, field trips, graduation for Noah, assemblies for the other kids.  It's chaos.  

Usually, we have nothing going on for the weekend.  This weekend we packed so much in that I'm exhausted.  I try not to do that.

We went to the zoo because it was free day, and I don't pass up free.  Wow, our sky is really blue.  People who visit often say that and I just don't think much about it.  But, that is a blue sky.

There are some wallaby's behind the kids, buy you can't see them.  Iphone photos aren't the greatest.


It was also free comic book day.  Ben looks forward to it as much as Halloween and Christmas.  They let us take one of everything, so Ben got like 30!  Then, he spent about 4 hours in his room reading.


We had a block party in our neighborhood.  The best was David got out there to jump rope.  He's awesome.  It was a huge feast with tons of neighbors.  I love this little area where we live.


We went to see Avengers.  Ben always had a thing for Spider Man.  For Noah, it's Captain America.  He completed the outfit with snow boots.


My friend from high school, who now lives up here in Prescott, is moving to Hawaii.  They were getting rid of her daughters gymnastics stuff.  I got Emily this beam and mat.  She is in heaven!  So, this room has seen a airplane teeter totter, spider dome and now a gym.  I love it.


We desperately needed a new faucet.  We have for about 5 years.  It leaks and it's nasty.  They took some shortcuts building this house and this was one of them.  I bought the faucet at Costco and David thought he'd tackle it next time my Dad came up.  Well, my Dad and Suzy are on their way to Idaho in a few days and David decided to try it on his own.  I'm so, so proud of him.  It came with some frustrations, but not a single cuss word.  :)  He leaves that to me.


So, that was our weekend.  I'm beat and ready for next weekend.  But, it was fun!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Lots of good stuff here! :) I know you'll enjoy all of the many upcoming end-of-year activities. It makes me a bit nostalgic but at the same time, also glad to be done with a lot of it. Sarah finishes up her first year of college by next week - she only has like 3 classes left and then a couple of final exams. She's taking this summer off work and school to figure out what she wants to do and to work more on her photography art.

Our weekends have been constantly filled with projects - it goes with the season of warmth which has begun. Like you though there's always some fun thrown in! :)

Have a great week!
Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Looks like and sounds like a busy weekend for all. The kids had fun and seems like Mom and Dad were busy as well. Hope the new faucet is working out fine.It looks like Em's new gym equipment should keep her happy for awhile. Hope so at least. :)
The big count down to summer Vacation is on and then the real busy season will begin. I think this weekend was a practice run!
Hope you all have a great week and thanks for all the pics.
Love,
G