Sunday, April 19, 2015

Spring Recital

Today was Emily's Spring Piano Recital. It's always so nice to get together and watch our girls perform.

She looked so pretty in her pink dress.
IMG_5768

I know all the girls are nervous, but they all do so well.
IMG_5774

Here's Em with her piano teacher, Ms. Stacy.
IMG_5782

Here are all the piano girls. Ms. Stacy took on a fifth student a few months ago. It's crazy that they are all 9 and 10 year old.
IMG_5785

After, she got a certificate and a framed picture of her little hands playing piano. Her teacher took a picture of each of the girls hands and they all got that as a gift. It's so cute.
IMG_5779

I watch her little hands all the time as she plays, and I'm just so impressed. She's been playing for a little over 2 1/2 years, and she amazes me with her talent.

Here's a video of her performance. She played Spring, Can Can, Fur Elise and a duet of Aloutte with her teacher.



3 comments:

Linda said...

Emily is sooooo good!!!! She has really progressed! Watching/listening to the video actually brought tears to my eyes, because #1 I'm always happy when children take up music and #2 It makes me nostalgic for the years that Sarah played piano and then later all the years in Band. I miss those times greatly.

Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Once again thank you for sharing a little bit of the excitement of Emily's piano recital with us way over here in Fla. Of course Grampie thinks Emily is a genius and I too think she is coming along so well. Very proud of her. :)
I wish her great grandmother was still around to hear her and I can just see her beaming with pride at her little Emily's playing. Hope she chooses to continue playing and becoming even more accomplished.
Love,
G

Sarah said...

Wow! She is so good!