Friday, March 13, 2015

Vacation, Day 7

It's always so sad on the last day of vacation. I know, I know, don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened. Blah, blah, blah.

So, we headed to the same beach we've gone to this week, but today it had bugs everywhere. Not just any bugs, but ladybugs. Ugh, I hate those things. There were some nats too. Who knows why? But, they were everywhere. I was completely grossed out and Noah was thrilled.


Look at him touching it. He can't possibly have my blood in him.


Emily went swimming.


And here's Noah.


In addition to the bugs, the waves were huge! That's my husband out there on the boogie board getting ready to get swallowed up by a wave.


We learned really quick that the bugs weren't bad closer to the water, so can you guess where we went?


Oh my G-O-S-H, he's obsessed with the. That's what Noah says instead of OMG.


We made the kids sandwiches for the beach and we went to get yummy food every day for lunch. We are right by Main Street and there are so many good restaurants. We had this amazing deli sandwich one day, a yummy burrito the next, a bbq chicken salad, and pad thai today. Well, David wanted Greek today, so when he brought back his food, Noah was interested in the fries.


Ben was interested in making a volcano.


When I turned back around, Noah was VERY serious about those fries and pulled up a chair and had a little corner of the box for ketchup.


The girls made this cute shell heart.


Then, we went for a walk.




Noah found pinecones. So random since there isn't a pine tree around.


Then, Noah was complaining about sand in his bottoms, so Daddy had to take him out to the ocean and wash him off.


Oh my G-O-S-H, are they taking a selfie?????


By noon, most of the bugs were gone, so we moved back up to our original spots. But, Noah found one that he played with for about an hour. Her name is Sophie. I asked how he new it was a girl, and he said because she has a bagina. Yes, bagina. He doesn't say V's or J's well.


Ryan's brother Aaron come to visit. He lives in San Diego. He met us on the beach. We were finally ready to go, and I was sad. I don't like leaving the beach. We packed up and came home to the hot tub. While we were getting dinner ready, Noah found a new BFF with Uncle Aaron.


We had a yummy dinner of ribs, asparagus and baked potatoes. YUM!


We ended our night with a trip to Coldstone. My kids have never been, so that was a treat!


Now, it's a little time in the hot tub before we turn in. It was such a great vacation. Now, I'll work on planning the next one!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fine end to a fun vacation. glad everything went well and hoping that you get home safely today. Hopefully no ladybugs hitch a ride.Although it looks like Noah wouldn't mind at all. :)
Love,
G

Anonymous said...

Looks like an amazing trip! Travel home safe! Hugs and kisses to all!
Love,
Pam

Linda said...

Glad you had a great vacation! :)

I wondered if those were true lady bugs or those fake lady bugs (that are more orange and bite known as "Asian Beetles"). We have the Asian Beetles here when the weather warms up and I can't stand them, but I do like regular lady bugs (more red in color) as they don't bite and they bring back a special childhood memory, which is why I painted them as a border around the floor of Sarah's playhouse many years ago.

Well, you're home and we're off on Saturday.

Love, Linda