Sunday, March 29, 2015

Haircuts and Cinderella Turned Alien

I cut the boys hair.  Basically, put on a #3 on the clippers and go to town.  It's not hard. I cut Emily's too and thank goodness her hair is curly and is forgiving.  

David decided a few months ago that he wanted to grow his hair out again.  Um, but I don't know how to cut that.  He let me give it a go today, and it turned out pretty good.  I'll make a few adjustments next time, but at least we didn't have to go to Plan B, which was put on #3 on the clippers and go to town.  

So, somewhere when I was using the scissors on top he asked me how I knew what to do.  I told him not to worry, I watch a you tube video.  ;)  Luckily, he trusts me and likes how it turns out.  He says I'm a woman of many talents.  Thank God for you tube!

Em has a Cinderella clock which she claims she is much too old for.
IMG_5677

So, I turned it into a bee.
IMG_5678

But then Ben brought home this alien from the treasure box at school and I knew exactly where it was going.
IMG_5676

But, Emily is a little freaked out by it. It kind of looks like it's birthing an alien too. I could just spend the $10 and get her a new clock at Walmart, but this is so much more fun.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily should still be loving her Cinderella alarm clock. It is so popular right now for adults and kids alike. But hey if she likes Aliens than that works too. It looks like you have been working too on keeping your skills up to date. It seems strange to see David with longer hair again. It took me forever to get used to the short cut and now that I did he is reverting back to a longer look . Love it too. As he says ... you are a woman of many talents!
Have a great week.
Love,
G

Linda said...

You are indeed a woman of many talents - there's no way I could cut hair. I did Sarah's when she was little and she still talks about how badly I cut her bangs to this day. I only get my hair cut about once every couple of years. Truly. In fact, once I went years and just below my ears is as long as it got. It still gets scraggly but I just like it how I like it and then when I finally get tired of it after a couple of years, I'll make an expensive appointment with Amanda, our stylist. Sarah and I were just talking about that - maybe this summer, I'll see Amanda again.

Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

The clock is hysterical! Looking good, David!
Love,
Pam