Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Before I Get "The Call"

I know "the call" is coming from my Dad, Suzy, my Mom and David's Mom. What's going on? Why hasn't Gina blogged? I already heard from Aunt Linda. My loyal followers. This is for you. :)

I got sick...again. Like it's been 10 days, and I'm just starting to feel better. Ugh, these colds are killing me. I finally started looking into some herbal stuff. I took Mullein root to help my lungs since I seem to get bronchitis now after colds. And Aunt Paula gave me oil of oregano. Between those two, I finally turned a corner.

We had a nice, but short, visit with David's Aunt and Uncle and cousin Amy. It was great to see them. We didn't really do anything. The weather was not great. We just hung out and visited and then they were gone. And I didn't snap pictures. I did take this one of the Big Foot hat they brought Noah. And there is a blurry Aunt Paula in the background.


Speaking of the little monster, he was sick too for the last 5 days with a bad fever and cough. He's finally on the mend, I think. But, last week, he learned how to really swing. He kind of got it before, but he really got it now. Go little man!

Ben was sick too somewhere in there. It's been a hard winter for us. Last winter, we didn't catch anything. We are making up for it this year.

But, I don't care, because in 4 sleeps we will be here again with our friends.

Beautiful Seal Beach, California. We are doing Universal and Knott's Berry Farm, but mainly just hanging out on the beach. And that sounds pretty darn perfect right about now.

Oh, and I get to experience something on Saturday night, that I never in all of my 41 years have ever gotten to do. NEVER! Actually, once I realized it was happening and what it meant, I'm a little mad. Any guesses?



2 comments:

Linda said...

I don't have any good guesses, but I have to say I was thrilled that I made the press in your column! ;)

Yes, I was antsy for your post. I love keeping up with you this way. Glad you all had a good visit, sorry it's been a bad winter for your sicknesses and hope all are finally on the mend. I bet that nice warm sunshine and beach is JUST what you need!!

I'm counting the days now to our beach adventure as well, though our spring break doesn't begin until March 21st. In the meantime, we're off to balmy northern Illinois for our cabin adventure, LOL. Truly though - it is near 40 here today and that is downright balmy for us! :)

Hope you have safe, fun travels.
Love, Aunt Linda ;)

Anonymous said...

Gina, I was going to start calling , believe me... I knew you were not feeling well and so thus held my tongue. I love the look on Noah's face . he looks just like Emily in that pic.
As for a guess as to what happened on Sat night... you bought a lotto ticket and got a couple numbers???
I saw today that there was snow on Huntington Beach last night. Hope that is not true of where you're headed.
Anyway glad to see you are back in the swing of things and hope to see more pics soon. Otherwise I have to put up with Grampie's complaints. LOL!
Love,
G