Sunday, December 21, 2014

Ben and Emily's Christmas Recitals

I'm a little behind in blogging. We've been busy. :)

Thursday night was Ben and Emily's singing concert for school.

Here they are before the concert.




And trying to get all three of them looking at the impossible. But, you can tell Noah and Ben are brothers, both looking off to the side.


Ben's grade did like a like trip around the world with Feliz Navidad (Spanish), Buon Natle (Italian), Mele Kalikimaka (Hawaiian). In the beginning of the video, the music teacher stops the performance and tells some people in the front that they need to stop talking. The lady next to me said, "Dude!" thinking he was being rude, but then I pointed out to her that the sixth graders were in the pit and that's who he was telling to be quiet. They have to strategically place each grade before the show, so the choir was on the stage because the started, 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade were in the cafeteria next to the auditorium and 6th was sitting in the pit area in front of the stage. So, I'm glad he stopped and put those kids in their place and I think everyone was once they realized he was telling students not parents to stop talking. Although, some parents need that reminder too...unfortunately.


Then, it was Emily's turn. I thought I had a perfect view and then the music teacher stood right in front of her. But, her nose and mouth did an outstanding job performing. She sang Twinkle (Little Christmas Lights), The Christmas Song and Hey Santa Claus.


Then, he moved on the last song and we could see that Emily's mouth did a great job too!


I love these fun little music concerts!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Those concerts are always fun and I agree so often it's the parents that need to be told to be quiet. We've experienced that frustration so many, many times over the years. I was brought up that we were to be quiet and pay attention at events.

Loved the photos and videos. Hope you have a Happy Christmas week!
Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Great performances and pics! I can't believe how big everyone is getting! Ben in Mele Kalikimaka with the kazoos was hysterical, especially his little expressions at the end. Emily's group did great. I think the music teacher was trying to steal the show when he plugged in with his rock in' solo! So cool that he plays, though. Please tell the kiddos, "excellent singing" from me. Love to all! Xo
Live,
Auntie Pam