Friday, October 10, 2014

41

I turn 41 tomorrow.  Holy crap, how did that happen?  I swear I was just 11, like yesterday.

We don't usually plan a lot for my birthday or David's birthday.  We just want to hang out with our kids and maybe have one of our favorite meals and cake.  That's what we planned to do with my birthday on Saturday.

But, we won that bacon contest a month ago, and part of the win was a free pair of Coyotes tickets.  They are the hockey team in Phoenix.  We finally got our package on Wednesday and the tickets are for Saturday, my birthday.  Gee, talk about short notice.  We weren't sure if we'd go or what we'd do with the kids, but I knew my husband would never pass up center ice 15th row seats to a hockey game.  They are $125 tickets.  Each!  And even though a hockey game is not my most favorite thing in the world, spending time with my husband is.  And dinner and a hockey game alone with my husband on my birthday is a great way to spend the evening.

We are heading down early to visit my best friend Pam for a bit.  Then, my Mom offered to watch the kiddos while we went out.  So, we'll drop them off at her house and then head out for our night of fun.  

That meant that David had to make my cheesecake last night, so we can have an early piece today since we'll be gone almost the entire day on my birthday.  Here is the during.  Noah had to help of course.  


Homemade cheesecake is always my favorite!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Gina! Happy 41st! I'm sure you and David will have a great date night even if it is a hockey game. Sounds like you've got great seats and hope it will be a win win night for you. The cheese cake sounds yummy too . Tell David he'll have to make one for when I come. Not that my visit will rank up there with your b'day but I don't believe I've ever tasted his cheesecake. Have a great day , my dear. Lots of love from us here over on the other side of the country.
Love,
G

Anonymous said...

So excited we get to see you tomorrow and wish you a happy birthday in person! Enjoy your cheesecake. Love you and travel safe. Xo
Love,
Pam

Linda said...

Looks like the plans for a wonderful birthday!! Happy 41st Birthday :)

It's funny but all who know me know that I do not like Birthday CAKE, but rather my choice for my birthday ever since I was a little girl has been CHEESECAKE. :)

Have a great day!
Love, Linda

Piper AndTheKids said...

Happy Birthday!