Sunday, September 21, 2014

Harry Potter

About a month ago, I picked up the first Harry Potter book for Ben from the library. He loves magic, and I figured he'd love it. Him and Emily read in bed every night. So, he read it before bed and it seemed it was taking awhile for him to get into it. Then, he got more than half way through and he was really starting to enjoy it. He sat down when he had about 75 pages left and finished it. He was so excited about it.

Then, I put on the movie for him. I had bought it ages ago and never watched it. Ben loved the movie. It was like the book came to life for him. Now, he's reading the second book. I hope he continues to enjoy them.

Oh, and of course, in try Ben fashion, he's dressing up like Harry Potter and made a lightning bolt scar on his forehead.


Now, he's torn between being Harry Potter or Steve from Minecraft for Halloween.

3 comments:

Linda said...

He's so cute and those are some big books to be reading at that age!! I'm impressed. Sarah and I tried reading them together back then, but she and I just never got into them (but we did like the movies).

Hope you have a great new week.
Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

This is so awesome! I love you, Ben! Xo
Love,
Auntie Pam

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that in 2nd grade Ben is reading Harry Potter. I have not read the books myself and always thought I probably would not understand them. I remember when they first came out in the late 90's it was the middle school kids that were very into those books. Definitely, I associate the series with teenagers and am surprised at Ben's intellect. He is so beyond his years in many ways. Way to go Ben!
Love,
G