Saturday, August 30, 2014

My Girl is Ten

The big surprise bathroom was a success. Since Emily films so many youtube videos, I thought it was only fitting that I filmed the reveal. You can skip the minute after I leave and when she gets to the bathroom. She was taking forever.


As soon as I woke up this morning, she was ready to open presents.  She's been wanting the download of the Minecraft game on the computer.  This envelope told her we were downloading it today!

I think she was hamming it up for the camera.


She also got some snap circuits and nice cards from her Grandparents.




Then, she spent the entire day playing Minecraft. David took them swimming too while I napped. See, Emily likes all her favorite things on her birthday which means I barely left the kitchen.

Here's her favorite dinner, roast with mashed potatoes, carrots and rolls with lots of gravy.


We say grace at dinner, but it was getting difficult before dinner. Sometimes, by the time I fix everyone's plate, they are almost done and I'm just sitting down. So, sometimes we do grace after dinner. Tonight was after. We were holding hands and Rocko came over and got right in it. The kids held his ears. It was so cute. He's a great dog.



Then, she wanted a pumpkin roll for dessert. This is by far the most time consuming, most difficult dessert out there. But, I make it for her every year. She likes nuts on her half.


The annual Dad and her picture on her birthday.


Dad smothering her with love.


And finally, a big wish.

I'm not sure what she wished for, but I wish for her another year of happiness.

We love you baby girl.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was a great day! Loved Em's reaction to her new bathroom. Give her a kiss for me! Xo
Auntie Pam

Anonymous said...

Wow! I think you really did surprise her
So glad she likes it. All in all it looks and sounds loke she had a very special day. A DECADE of happy days made especially for her. As many of your friends mentioned she is becoming a beautiful young lady. Proud to be able to call her my first grandchild. In that way she will always stand out inmy eyes and heart. Love her dearly.
Love,
G

Linda said...

I found you but I see that I missed a lot of posts. I had to re-add your blog address (which I found on your fb page ending in .ca (?)) and then it came up for me here only after re-adding to my blog reader, so I'm not sure what happened. Anyway, I'm happy to see you're still here posting away and I'll have some reading to do!

Glad Emily had a great birthday.
Love, Linda

Piper AndTheKids said...

Oh, Minecraft. My oldest talks about it constantly :p And we read from a Minecraft book before bed :p

Happy birthday, Emily!

Anonymous said...

The family is changing so much every time I log on here...such a great family! Hugs from Michele in Florida!