Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Happy Campers

This is our fourth camping trip. I can actually say that we are becoming campers. It's getting easier and we know the drill. It helps that we do all our meals with our friends, so we don't have to do any cooking on our own. This was our first trip to Dogtown Lake in Williams, AZ. It's about 90 minutes from our house. We went with a large group of 12 families and stayed in the group campsite. I liked it because the lake was a 2 minute walk from our camp and not right behind it. It makes me nervous to have water so close with Noah.

The weather was nice and cool the first day and the kids got right to playing.


I took the boys on a walk to the lake. That little mountain in the back is a small ski spot in the winter.






Ben kept doing bunny ears on Noah. I told him not to do it to him, so he did it to himself.




Noah and Ashlyn get along great. She is six and such a fun little girl!


We got to have a campfire! We were shocked. It's like a matchbox here. The Sedona fire is only about 30 miles from our campsite. But, since we had a designated ring and we kept it small our camp hosts said we were fine. That meant smores!!!!




Noah was helping David gather fire wood.




We shot BB guns. Such fun!


Ben couldn't hit the can, so he went for the close kill.


Same with Noah...


Then, he hit the can so good, it did a backflip!


The Dads were having a blast. Doesn't David look hot with a pink gun? Look at those eyes, that focus! So sexy!


Noah was pretending to be Olaf from Frozen.


One of the best parts of camping is the relaxing!


Here's part of our huge group just chillin'.


Alanah lost her retainer, so they had to search for it in the garbage.


One of the boys got a ladder ball stuck in a tree (don't ask) and the guys were trying to get it out.


The weather was nice and cool until the second night. It rained. About half of the families were in trailers and the other half in tents. Us tent folk, all hopped in a trailer. Dakri's had 12 people in it!


When it let up, we went to our tents and then it started back up. Luckily, we were all snug as bugs and went to bed early.

The next day was beautiful and we walked to the lake.


The lake was really low and we were in way to shallow water, but the kids just like to fish. We don't really want to catch anything.



We only had 2 poles, so Ben made his own pole with some line we found.


Noah was doing this little photo shoot and striking a pose with each click of the camera.


We went for a hike that afternoon. You can kind of see some gray smoke in the background. That's the Sedona fires.


Noah went for at lest 10 hikes and each time, he brought me back a flower. He's so sweet.


Then, an afternoon game of whiffle ball. Parents vs. Kids. Kids won, but parents let them.


Some of the kiddos.


Here's most of the kids. Some were missing too. There were 23 kids in all.


This was silly faces.


And our epic fail of a jumping photo. Well, Emily nailed it.


More relaxing...


And beautiful sunsets....


I'm wearing Ben's sasquatch hat.


It was such a great weekend and such a great way to kick off the summer!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Looks like a beautiful place and lots of fun!! Enjoyed your photos and commentary... however, I have NEVER been camping in my whole life. I'm not really interested in it though I have friends who have tried to get us to go many times. My sister Barb and her husband used to go quite often before they had kids. I just can't imagine sleeping in a tent. My idea of camping is a luxury motor home. That counts right? LOL

Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Great pictures and I'm sure a great time for all. Looks like a whole little village of friends. Before you know it you will have a chance to use your expertise again for the next one in a couple of weeks. When we went camping as kids I always slept in the car cause I didn't like the tent idea either, so Linda I'm with you on this one for sure. When our kids were younger we went with my parents who by that time either had a camper or a motor home which was quite acceptable for me and I didn't have to sleep in the back seat of the car. LOL!
Love,
G.