Saturday, April 19, 2014

Eggs, Eggs and More Eggs

Today was our neighborhood community's egg hunt. The Easter Bunny showed up. Noah was too freaked out by him to stand near him.


Noah just wanted a balloon sword.


The divide the egg hunts by age. Noah was first up.


In years past, he barely moved and would get like 3 eggs. This year, he went for it.


Noah was happy with his eggs and sword.


Then, his sword popped. He started to cry. It meant another 20 minute wait in line to get another balloon. Emily and him went through his eggs.


Next up was Ben and Emily's egg hunt.




Then, we did some face painting. Noah wanted to be a ninja turtle.


His face was cracking me up.


He got a new blue sword and he thought it was the best thing ever.


Ben wanted to look like a ninja. Not a ninja turtle, just a ninja.




Let the ninja battling begin!


This is our new community pool, hot tub and fitness center that will be open in about a month. We can't wait.


We came home and colored eggs.




I love the chaos of coloring eggs.


All but one of Noah's eggs were blue. He would dye them different colors and then finish every egg in blue. He kept threatening to throw an egg.


Oh, he thought it was so funny.


And he acts like he's going to throw it again.


Yep, hilarious.


Here's Ben's eggs. He did 10 and was done.


Emily was very meticulous about dying eggs. It took her about 2 hours to dye 18 eggs.


It was a busy and fun day. I'll be thrilled when I don't smell eggs coming from the fridge. Every time I open it up, Emily asks who farted?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like lots of Easter fun and frolics. Love Noah's longer hair look, he looks so grown like that. I know you are having lots of special activities the past few days and do love all the pics keeping us in the loop . Grampie is beside himself with happiness seeing all the fun they are having.♥
Hope that today with the family in Phoenix is special as well.
Love,
G.

Linda said...

A lot of fun! :) I'm with Noah - I think the Easter Bunny getup is freaky, lol.

This is the first year in forever that we didn't dye eggs. I got the package and asked Sarah but Saturday was filled with other things and she wasn't interested and I was okay with it since I was busy from morning until night all weekend with the Easter meal, decor, prep. I'm exhausted this morning and wish I had today off!

Love, Linda