Monday, February 17, 2014

Eight

Ben turned eight on Saturday. I can hardly believe it. He wanted a party at the park. While our relatives are drowning in snow, we are basking in sunshine. He had 5 of his friends there, and I think he had a great time.




We had pizza.


And presents...


His friend Andrew wrote that Ben looked like a monkey and he smelled like one too. Quite funny.


And we had cake. There was a good enough breeze that the candle didn't want to stay lit.


Ben was all over the place with this birthday. He wanted Lego invitations. He was going back and fourth between a Batman and Pacman cake. And he wanted a Ninja Turtle pinata. I guess that's a boy of 8.

We finished the party and came home. I love parties at the park. No fuss, no muss. We get a cake. Pizza gets delivered, and we are done. We got home and Ben hadn't even mentioned if we bought him anything. He got to open a few gifts. Video games. I guess that's a boy of 8.


Then, we went to our friends house for dinner and more celebrating. I think Ben had a great birthday. Ben is such a special kid that I just want him to be happy. We went to see the Lego movie this morning as an extended celebration. He loved it. Ben gets more into movies than anybody I know. I love that about him. I love everything about him.

Happy birthday to our sweet boy. It's a privilege to be his Mom.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Happy Birthday to Ben! I'm so glad he had a great day. :)

Yes, we're definitely drowning in snow and ice. Another crazy day here. But supposedly.... it's going to be 45 tomorrow (that's a major heat wave because we haven't seen that temp in months), and 58 on Thursday but then with the chance of severe thunderstorms, which of course after the November 17th tornado, we know that anything can happen here in Illinois.

Hope you have a great week.
Love, Linda

Piper AndTheKids said...

Happy Birthday, Ben!

Anonymous said...

I knew Ben was going to have a great birthday when I called him early in the morning to wish him a Happy Birthday. (After all, isn't a song sung early in the day by one's grandmother enough to start anyone's birthday going in a few different directions??)
Anyway glad he celebrated with his friends and he was a Happy boy. The outpouring of birthday wishes on F/B was enough to let me know how everyone appreciates and loves him for the super boy he is.
Love,
G.