Monday, January 6, 2014

Good Life

The kids went back to school today. It was hard on all of us. I ran a few errands and realized I forgot to bring Noah a special treat. He rarely eats what they have for snack as he doesn't like much. I brought him a fruit roll up one time and that was it. He always wants something. He's cute, so I always bring him something.

Today, while he was in school I ran into the grocery store for a few things. I realized that I forgot a special treat, so I grabbed a big box of Milk Duds. Then, I had to run to Kmart to return some slippers I got him for Christmas. They were too small. I put the Milk Duds and slippers on his car seat and went in to get him. He was super excited when he saw them. I put his slippers on, opened his Milk Duds and buckled him in his car seat.

We were a few minutes into our drive home. I was asking him about his day. Then, he lets out a sigh of relief and said, "Ahhh, this is the life." Milk Duds, slippers and a chauffeur and he's happy as can be. I hope his life is always that simple.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! It must be nice to know your efforts were appreciated. He is still young to realize he has it good. They usually don't realize that until they have to support themselves and do everything for everyone else and then when they have a good day they might say"This is the life". Glad to know he has realized it early on. ♥
Love,
G

Linda said...

Works for me too! :)

How cute.

First day back for us today, Jan 8th, a couple of snow days delayed it for all of us. My drive to work was horrible - roads are still bad because the salt hasn't been working to melt anything so a lot of snow and ice out there. Jim's drive was worse - took him 3 hours and 45 minutes. Glad the week is almost over with already, ha.

Love, Linda