Thursday, January 16, 2014

Around Our House

After seeing my spotted windows in my dead bird post, I put the kids to work.

I thought they could help me, but Emily is quite the complainer and did more of that than washing.

Ben and Noah did okay, but after about 20 minutes I realized they were causing me more work and I immediately fired them. They didn't seem to mind.

I chopped off almost 12 inches of my hair. I'll donate it. I tend to do this every 5 years or so. It just gets boring having it so long. Emily did not want me to cut it as short as I normally go, so I went more for a bob. I was worried she would cry when I walked in the door, but she liked it. David likes it better longer too, but change is good. And one thing I'm certain of, I'll make more. If I didn't cut it again, it would be past my shoulders by the end of the year, so who cares? Not me!


My little guy still isn't feeling great, although he seems to be doing a little better. He took a warm bath today and I snuggled him under a blanket and he fell asleep.


I'm so very lucky that I have a job that I can do from home. That I can be there when my kids are sick, have half days or are out on summer vacation. I got to do some work this morning. Clean up the kitchen. Love on Noah. Put in some laundry. Do a few more minutes of work. Put Noah in the bath. Fold some clothes. Now, I'm doing more work. Well, not at this moment, but that's my plan. So, I better get to it....

3 comments:

Linda said...

I always enjoy your updates.

In the photos of the cleaning-window crew, it looks almost springlike out - so green and warm (or at least no coats required). That notion is heavenly to me at the moment as winter has officially overstayed its welcome. Yes, that's right - I'm sick of cold and snow. We've been getting a little snow every day - not much, but just enough to make the roads horrible and everyone I know is tired of driving in it.

Your hair, as I already mentioned on fb, is adorable. I prefer the slightly shorter cuts or shoulder length (if mine would ever get there and that's not likely since in a year's time, mine only grew to barely the nape of my neck).

I need to clean our windows someday as well, but that will have to wait for spring or warmer weather which arrives here sometime in April, lol.

Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Lol! You are too funny... firing your wworkers : love your new look, Sure can tell where Noah got his beautiful eyelashes... Sorry he is not feeling better yet, hopefully he'll have his spunk back soon. Hope the weekend is great for all.
Love,
G.

Piper AndTheKids said...

I must admit, I can't really remember the last time I cleaned my windows....

Your haircut is lovely :) I periodically cut all mine off but it grows fast and comes back soon LOL