Saturday, December 28, 2013

Christmas Rest Home Visit

To say the last 2 weeks have been busy is an understatement. I have a lot of catching up to do. I'll start this post of our semi annual visit to the Senior Rest Home.

Here are the piano girls.


Here's are group getting ready to perform for the Alzheimer's side of the rest home. We do performances one for that side and one for the more able bodied side.


Here are all the girls.


And all the boys. I like how the girls just take a nice photo and the boys are all silly.


Here's Emily on the baby grand piano.



Here's Ben doing a poem.



Here's our crew. Noah kept doing something with his legs and the seniors thought he was channeling Elvis.


Here's some of our audience. You may notice Ben in the back walking around. He greeted every senior and told them Merry Christmas. They all loved it.




And Oval, who is 101, was still there. She came out for a moment and then went back to her room. The kids were all excited to see her.

It was another great visit and I'm so glad we can do this twice a year.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Every year I'm so blessed by your post about this. I know how much they appreciate you all and it just warms my heart that you all do this. God bless you!!! Hope you have a wonderful new year with your super sweet family. I loved Ben going around greeting the seniors - what a dear heart.

Love, Linda