Friday, November 1, 2013

My Blog

It's November 1st, and I've seen the challenges on FB and on another blog. Every day, post something you are grateful for. I did this last year. I can probably just dig up those posts and repost them. I almost didn't want to do this challenge this year. But...

I think it's good to try to commit to blogging every day. It takes 30 days to form a habit, or so they say, and I know my blog gets neglected from time to time. So, what better way to reconnect with my blog than to write something I'm thankful for daily.

So, here it goes...

Today, I woke up. Well, I'm grateful for that. But, I went on Facebook and a friend was asking if she should start a blog. Of course, I raved about blogging and the perks and how I love having all of my kids experiences written out. Our vacations are documented better than any video or photo book. We've made so many memories, and because I wrote about them, we won't forget.

I've had friends that have blogged and then stopped blogging. I've felt like stopping the blog from time to time. I originally thought David would write too since he enjoys writing, but he wrote one post in 5 years, when Forest (our dog) died.

I looked back at a few posts from the beginning in June of 2008. Five years I've been keeping up this blog. I have over 1,000 posts to my kids, and I realize what a gift it will be for them one day. I mean just look at this post from November of 2008. Love, love, love.

Today, I am grateful that I've never given up on my blog.
Photobucket

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That makes two(three) of us that are grateful that you never gave up on the blog.
I know it is difficult to come up with new and original titles and thoughts everyday but you have done a sensational job so far and I guess as the kids get older it gets more and more difficult as they are off doing things on their own or with friends ... (I won't go any further on that score.)
My sister and I say very often that we wished we had paid more attention to out father when he would be rambling on and on about his childhood and early days. So much more we could have known about our family , if we had only paid attention. Dad did keep journals for a few years and although they are not stories ,nor did they have pictures they do bring back memories in some ways. I have one of them and not sure who has the others but I know there are a few. But, getting back to your blog , it is so much more and I'm sure the kids will love to look back and have a clear picture of many of the events in their early years. Yes, it would have been nice if David had participated as well another point of view is always interesting.:)
Anyway let's see how your month of thankfulness goes. I'm waiting to read and see ...
Love
G.

Linda said...

I've really enjoyed your blog very much and am thankful for it. :) I have not once regretted giving up my blog though - it just ran its course and I figure I take enough photos daily to document Sarah's life and that's enough :)

Love, Linda, the photo queen. ;)

Piper AndTheKids said...

Look how little they were in that link! Like little miniature versions of themselves :p

Anonymous said...

AHHH~~FATHER N SON~~ADORABLE PIC~~ N I LOVE YOUR BLOG GINA- IT KEEPS ME UP TO DATE ON YOUR FAMILY~~OH GIVE NOAH A HUG, CUZ HE THOUGHT I WOULD MAKE A GREAT PUMPKIN FACE WITH MY MOLEY MOLEY MOLEY~~SOOOO FUNNY~~LOVE U ALL MOM

Sarah said...

You are incredible at keeping your blog up. I love catching up and seeing your cute family. Glad you are such a consistent, and good blogger. I have much to learn from you.