Monday, November 4, 2013

Cuddles

Anyone who knows me knows that I love to sleep. It's one of my favorite things. I have friends who never let their kids in their bed. We don't mind. As I write this, all five of us our laying in bed together watching TV.  Yes, we put them in their beds at night, but sometimes things don't stay that way.

Emily and Ben sleep together most nights. They find comfort knowing the other one is there. Noah is on his own. Last night, David slept in the guest room because he couldn't sleep. Noah woke up at 5:30. While walking to our bedroom, David headed him off. He pulled him in bed with him and cuddled. Noah loves nothing more than to be in your arms while you rub his head. After 15 minutes, David had to get up for the day. He put Noah on the sofa in our room thinking he'd fall asleep. He didn't. Five minutes later, he was crawling up in my bed going "Mama?"  I pulled him in my arms and rubbed his head until he fell asleep. I was wide awake. But, I loved the time I got to spend with him first thing in the morning. 

Later, I asked him if he enjoyed waking Dad and Mom up this morning and getting double love. He just smiled.

1 comment:

Linda said...

This is sweet.

I'm one who never allowed it but if I could go back and re-do, I would have been less mean, and would have allowed more cuddling in our bed.

Love, Linda