Monday, November 11, 2013

All You Need Is Love


There's a reason why David has never been to Vegas, and I haven't been in 20 years. We don't really gamble and nightlife, well, we are usually asleep by 9:30. But there is so much more to Vegas. 

I'll start with the food. It's amazing. We went to a restaurant the first night that my friend on Facebook suggested. Hash House A GoGo. I didn't get my usual salad or burger. I got one of their legendary chicken and waffles. I had never had it and honestly it always sounded weird and kind of gross. Boy was I wrong.  Fried chicken breast with maple syrup is one of the best things I've ever had. In fact, I find myself thinking about them. I want them for breakfast. I want them for dinner. I want them right now. 

The pool here at The Mirage is over 5 acres. We sat for a few hours by the pool this afternoon. We went swimming and you could just swim and swim for what seemed like forever. People here think it's a little cold. We thought it was perfect. I think at any given time about 5 people were in that entire pool. The waterfalls were awesome too. 

Then, there are the shows. Comedians, singers, dancers (topless too). Vegas has it all. We have seen a few cirque du soleil shows and knew we wanted to see Beatles Love.  Hands down the best show I've ever seen. So amazing. The music, the costumes, the acrobatics. I LOVED it.  

Tonight, I'm grateful for this wonderful experience I had with my husband. All you need is love and everyday is a blessing. 


3 comments:

Linda said...

Glad you're having a wonderful time.
:)

Yeah, Vegas is not on our list - Jim and I aren't interested but we do have other places we'd like to go to someday..

Love,
Linda

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you and your hubby had a nice little break from everyday life but more importantly that you are glad to be back home and enjoying those things and people who are aroind you everyday.Vegas was a great diversion but not a real life for you and David. BTW don't forget to edit your bio to 10 years.. Happy Anniversary may the next 10 go smoothly. :*

Piper AndTheKids said...

You guys look so happy :) I'm glad you had such a great time!