Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween

This is Ben's favorite holiday. He enjoys dressing up more so than candy. We kicked it off with some pumpkin carving last night. I just got one pumpkin and we it was a group effort.
IMG_9067

Noah was afraid to get his hands dirty. So, he used a spoon.
IMG_9069
And got out one pumpkin seed. Thanks for the help Noah!
IMG_9071

I asked the kids what kind of face we should draw. Circle or triangle eyes? Teeth or no teeth? Noah said, let's draw a little dot right here (pointing below his mouth) and we can make a Granny Pumpkin! That's for you Mom! HA! This was our finished masterpiece.
IMG_9072

The kids were so excited when they got home from school. It was torture to wait 2 hours to dress up. Emily was Pocahontas or Sacagawea or a pretty squaw. She doesn't care what she is, so I picked up a 90% off clearance costume last year. She looked so pretty.
IMG_9074

Here she is posing how Indians pose. Or not...
IMG_9089

The boys wanted to be ninja turtles. I ordered the costumes from amazon and hid them until last night. I knew they wouldn't be able to stay out of them. The LOVED them!
IMG_9091
IMG_9092
IMG_9095

The shells on the back are pretty cool.
IMG_9105

Here's my 3 kiddos.
IMG_9097

We met up with a smaller group of our friends for trick or treating.
IMG_9108

We brought the stroller for one last hoorah. It came in handy just to store candy, water and gloves. This was what we came out with after an hour. Not too shabby.
IMG_9111
IMG_9113

Rocko wanted something with peanut butter. He didn't get anything though.
IMG_9115

Ben would've been happy to fall asleep right there on all that candy.
IMG_9116

Mom, I saved you all the Almond Joys.

Dad, Ben's favorite is DOTS, so you'll have to fight him for those. I put aside a few Baby Ruths for you though.

We all ate too much candy and are in sufficient sugar comas. It's just wrong that the kids have to go to school tomorrow!

3 comments:

Linda said...

A fun night and great costumes!! I'm also loving the Duck Commander costumes from their friends, lol, complete with beard. Cracking me up....

At first it seemed odd for us to not be participating in any trick or treating (we didn't hand out candy at all because of the school events that we attended), but after we were there with my parents listening to the concert and all, I didn't even miss the trick or treaters.

Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Wow! Candy galore and then some I see even though Rocko was eyeing the spoils he was restrained enough to resist the urge to plunder. David too, it seemed.
The pumpkin turned out very well even though Noah's contribution may have been one seed at a time.
Emily was gorgeous in her Indian princess outfit and I am sure the TMNT's were as handsome as any two little turtles could be. I noticed that over in this part of the country a lot of the kids seemed to have costume parades during the school day and I think most of the kids must attend either parties or go to the malls for trick or treating. We didn't have one knock at the door and Enrique was outside a bit and didn't even see any kids on the street.The must be developing a different way of collecting their treats.. Oh well so guess who will eat my bag of treats? No, not me I will save it for Rachel and Greg when they come to visit. :)
Thanks so much for sharing your day (s) of fun and Halloween adventures.
Love,
G.

Anonymous said...

GIGI U SAVED ME ALL THE ALMOND JOYS (MOUNDS TOO?) WELL THANK YOU LOVE MY COCONUT~~~KIDS LOOKED SO SWEET IN COSTUMES~~EMILY UR A VERY PRETTY INDIAN SQUAW~~BEN N NOAH SURE HAVE THOSE NINJA MOVES DOWN PAT~~WHOOHOOO LOTS N LOTS OF CANDY~~LOVE MOM hugs