Friday, October 4, 2013

Cousins

David's sister lives in North Carolina. We don't get to see her family often, maybe once a year. Alisa had a conference in Phoenix last weekend. She brought her kids with her and we brought the kids to our house for the weekend while she learned something about physical therapy.

That means we had 5 kids ages 3, 4, 4, 7 and 9. Holy smokes. The noise was off the charts, and so was the fun.

Ben and Emily were so excited for David to get home with their cousins. They were standing at the door waiting.

There was so getting reaquainted.
IMG_8322
Then, it was no holds bar chaos! The kids all had a blast.
IMG_8326
IMG_8337
They tried to sleep together. Emily ended up in her own room at some point because she couldn't sleep.
IMG_8338
The mornings looked like this:
IMG_8341
IMG_8343

We went swimming several times to try to burn off energy. It didn't work. They make more. I don't know where it comes from, but these 5 kids had loads of energy.
IMG_5949
There was matching pajamas:
IMG_8360
And matching Buzz Lightyear wings:
IMG_8369
and storytime:
IMG_8374

I had great plans of getting tons of photos of the 5 of them for Grammie Gwynne. It just didn't happen. They would never sit still.

The days went much too quickly. It was a great visit, and I'm glad my kids get to grow up with such great cousins.

2 comments:

Linda said...

It's wonderful that the cousins get to share this time together. I have so few memories of being with my cousins, mainly because there are only a few my own age (on my Mom's side of the family, most of the cousins are 20-30 years older than me). When Sarah was younger, she used to spend a week between two of my sisters' houses so that she could be with the cousins and her Aunts/Uncles and those are precious times.

Anyway, cute photos, though I know I would never have the energy for this, lol.

Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Gina, thank you so much for taking the time and effort to do this for me and Grampie. He will love everyone of them. I know how busy you must have been last night so I REALLY appreciate this. It looks like the kids had a heck of a good time and are looking forward to their next visit. It won't be long.... so get ready. In the meantime I hope the next week brings lots of joyful moments, especially on your BIG day :) Take lots of pictures..
Love,
G.