Thursday, October 10, 2013

Carlsbad, Day 6

Today we went to the San Diego Safari Park. We all had a great time. Right when we walked in this baby armadillo was running around. So cute. She was a fast little bugger.
IMG_8877

We took the tram ride around the zoo and saw this cute baby nursing.
IMG_8888

I love this park for the natural look of all the habitats. It looks like they are roaming in Africa.
IMG_8898

A baby rhino.
IMG_8899

A big rhino.
IMG_8904

A bunch of rhinos.
IMG_8906

Emily and some rhinos.
IMG_8908

The elephants.
IMG_8916

Going batty.
IMG_8922
IMG_8924

The kids loved the petting zoo.
IMG_8929
IMG_8932
Noah brushed about every goat there is.
IMG_8935
IMG_8939
My girl looks cute in her glasses.
IMG_8942
Emily really liked this goat.
IMG_8945

Ben LOVED this zebra. It was a talking interactive zebra and he could see us on a web cam. Ben thought it was the greatest thing ever. This was Robert the Zebra giving us a kiss goodbye.
IMG_8947

This was a baby gorilla. So stinking cute.
IMG_8959

He doesn't look happy.
IMG_8971

Eating some grass.
IMG_8978

The other day, Emily fell walking to the beach and scraped her left knee. Today, she fell at the zoo and scraped her right leg. She keeps going off the path and then falls because it's sandy or dirty and the traction isn't good. She bummed a ride in Noah's stroller.
IMG_8987

We made the kids pose on the giant rhino on the way out.
IMG_8988
IMG_8993

We had a fun day. Then, we went and got blizzards and banana splits at Dairy Queen! We are relaxing tonight at home. Grilling some chicken for dinner and going in the hot tub.

Tomorrow is our last day. It's also my 40th birthday. We are spending at the beach and going out for dinner. Fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD MORNING TO ALL~~GINA, HAPPY HAPPY 40TH BIRTHDAY TO MY BABY GIRL~~I LOVE YOU, HUGS-PEACE N HAVE A FUN DAY~~MOM~~~I CAN SEE WHY BEN LOVED THE TALKING, ROBERT THE ZEBRA-THAT MUST HAVE BEEN A KICK FOR EVERYONE~~I AM SORRY ABOUT YOUR SCRAPES EMILY~THEY SHOULD BE BETTER TODAY, U SURE LOOK CUTE IN YOUR GLASSES~~NOAHS BRUSHING ALL THE GOATS~VERY CUTE--JOSH N ALAHNA MUST BE HAVIN A FUN TIME TOO- THEY'RE ALWAYS SMILING :) :)~~LOVE TO ALL, ENJOY YOU DINNER~~MOM/GRANNY

Anonymous said...

Happy 40th , Gina. I was just recalling when I celebrated my 40th and it was the time we were preparing to move to Florida from Montreal... Such a long time ago...
Looks like the Zoo was a great day for all. Hope your last beach day will be a happy one for all, but, especially for you.The kids had a lot of great experiences and it looks like they will have lots to share with Granny when they get home.☼
Love,
G

Linda said...

Another super fun day! :)

Happy Birthday! I'm sure your day will be awesome. ♥ Jim hosted a party for my 40th, which was only 9 years ago but somehow seems like an eternity now.... I remember that's the first time Linda B. (my childhood friend) and I had gotten together in many years and it was like a segment out of "This is your Life" - you're too young to know what that is probably - but basically, I heard her voice at the front door before I even saw her and I immediately recognized the voice and it brought back a flood of memories instantly. It was very special.

Hope your day is equally so.
Love, Linda