Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Carlsbad, Day 4

My kids wake up every morning and have a cup of coffee. I know some people think we are crazy. But, it's more like coffee milk. Mostly milk, vanilla creamer and sugar with about 4 ounces of coffee. They've been doing it since they were all about 2. Noah sometimes asks demands a second cup. He's my most addicted, followed by Emily and Ben could take it or leave it. So, my three monkey's were on the sofa enjoying coffee this morning.
IMG_8696

Then, we got the beach. It's our third beach day in a row. Typically, we do beach day, then an activity, then a beach day, then an activity. But, the weather got colder today and it's getting even colder tomorrow and Thursday. We decided to do Sea World and the Zoo when it's cold. Well, I say cold, but 64 to us is a pretty nice day. In any case, today we went to the beach. I thought I'd get some good candid photos, but all I got was this:
IMG_8698

And this:
IMG_8700

and this:
IMG_8701

I gave up and went to easier pictures of the boys flying a kite.
IMG_8704
IMG_8707
IMG_8713

Then, Noah decided to go for a walk on the beach. He kept walking.
IMG_8717

We wanted to see how far he would go. As it turns out, pretty dang far. David yelled for him and he came back.
IMG_8718

Noah fed the birds. He loves feeding the birds.
IMG_8725
He'd feed them little tiny pieces. The birds did not find it amusing.
IMG_8726

My kiddos digging in the sand. It was much cooler outside today and a slight breeze, so on shore activities were preferred.
IMG_8737

Noah made sand angels.
IMG_8745

We came home and had a great steak dinner with baked potoates and salad. Then, we drove to a neighboring beach, Oceanside, and had a bon fire and made smores. We got there just in time to watch the sun go down.
IMG_8751

There was a great play ground.
IMG_8753

Here are the boys.
IMG_8758

Em and Alanah.
IMG_8771


Me and David.
IMG_8760

Dakri and Ryan.
IMG_8765

The grown ups. And I use that term loosely.
IMG_8787

Noah helping David make pokers out of wire hangers.
IMG_8783

Noah enjoying a smore. Well, he takes everything apart and eats it on it's own. And he doesn't like his marshmallow roasted. It's not a smore at all.
IMG_8796

Tomorrow we have smore fun. HA, you get it? some more fun...smore fun?

We are off to Sea World!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You all look like you're having so much fun! I seriously LOVE Noah's hat. He's so cute! Enjoy the last few days in your 30s!!! Hehe! XO

Love,
Pam

Anonymous said...

Oh oh be careful I just heard that the tarantulas are about to invade California. :) so glad youhad a frw good beach days before the cooler weather sets in. I love all the pics of everyone and especially happy that there were a few of your last days in your 30's that actually showed you and of course your handsome hubby. Hope you all enjoy sea world today and return home to enjoy a few hot tub moments....
Love,
G

Linda said...

Fun times, great photos. :) I saw on my wall calendar at home (because I never use an electronic calendar - only the old fashioned wall calendar where I write everything) that you would be turning 40 at the end of this week and I said to Jim - look, she's only 9 years younger than me. :) You'll be beginning your 40s and I only have 1 year of my 40s left and I'm not at all happy about that.

Anyway - I'm enjoying following along on your travels and 64 is freezing to me - I prefer 70s and 80s, but we're having mornings like that as well.

Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

A p.s. from me.... I love the longer look of Ben's hair. It looks to me like you should let his grow out a bit too. He is so handsome in some of his beach pics.
Love,
G.

Anonymous said...

MORNIN~~TOP OF THE DAY TO YA~~GOT A KICK AND SNILES FROM ALL THE PICS~~U R ALL JUST HAVIN A BLAST OF FUN~~GINA, YOU ALL NEED TO GO OUT TO DINNER ON FRIDAY, YOU KNOW IT'S UR BIRTHDAY~~ :) AND U STILL HAVE THE SAME HAIR COLOR AS THE DAY U WERE BORN~~FIREY RED :)---ALL MY LOVE TO YOU, MOM