Sunday, October 27, 2013

Around Our House

It's been a week since my last post, and I'm expecting a phone call from my Dad to wonder what I've been up too. He does that if too much time goes by. So, this is for you Daddy.

My best friend Pam came up this weekend for a visit. We went to lunch and had conversation without being interrupted 100 times. We sat outside and enjoyed the perfect weather and fall leaves.
Untitled
There was a man sitting next to us holding his giant pet rabbit. It was weird.

Pam brings the kids gifts when it's holiday appropriate. They got all sorts of candy and new books and activity books. We have almost 20 Halloween books, and all of them are from Aunt Pam.
pam2

We bought 40 pounds of chicken last week. We buy this great organic meat that is all grass fed and free range and words like that. It sounds really good, and it's not more expensive than the stores. We shared 40 pounds of beef with our friends last month. Last week, we got 40 pounds of chicken, each. I had to separate it all out. It's 25 dinners, so that's good. Tomorrow, we are getting bacon and sausage. My freezers are overflowing.
Untitled


The first quarter of school ended. Emily got all A's and B's on her report card. She also got perfect attendance and Cool Coyote for improving her reading. Ben got all O's and I think 1 S in something unimportant. We went to Red Robin to celebrate for dinner. The kids really just want milkshakes. Maybe next time we should just go for shakes as they seem to like that more than the meals. I found this picture on my instagram feed later and realized Emily posts things on my behalf all the time. I'm cool with that.
Untitled

The kids all caught a cold about 10 days ago. Emily was over it quick. Ben never got it. Noah was over it in 4 days. David and I are still trying to kick it after a week. We are up coughing half the night.

The kids are super excited for Halloween. It's supposed to be freezing her that night. Literally. Should be fun!

David and I decided to go to Vegas for our 10th anniversary in a few weeks. My Dad and Suzy will watch our monsters. I've spent too much time trying to find the best deals. It is what it is. We are going on a weekend and we aren't staying at a Holiday Inn. Suck it up. We weren't going to spend the money, but David said we should do something more special than dinner and a movie on our 10 year. He's right. He's never been to Vegas and I have never been to the Strip as an adult, so this should be fun. We are seeing the Beatles Love Cirque de Soleil show! Super excited.

And that's what's been going on around our house....

4 comments:

Linda said...

Many good times for sure :)
I also always look for your updates. ;)

This is the first time ever that we're not handing out candy on Halloween, because..... we will be at the high school. They are having a Halloween event for the little ones hosted by the high school students followed by the last concert for the Marching Band (inside) so my parents will be going with us. It's a different Halloween then at our house, but different can be good.

Have a fun week.
Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Me three... I always check too(3) Grampie is on my case everyday to see if there are pictures of Emilili, Benjino or Noitall.He also threatens to call you at least 3 times a week and tell you to get your act together. Ha!No one would like to receive a call like that.. Sorry Pete you are not the only one waiting for her posts.
Glad to hear about the good report cards, their reward and most of all to see your chicken collection.
I've been wondering how the afterschool activiites have been progressing and keep forgetting to ask if Noah ever decided he wanted to do an activity.
Hope the weather clears before you guys head up to Vegas I just saw this morning that they may actually have snow... Sure it will pass before your trip there however. Hope Halloween is a success and look forward to seeing the pictures.
Love,
G.

Piper AndTheKids said...

Mine haven't figured out how to post yet but they take pictures all the time lol most of the time I just find random pictures on my phone but occasionally they will come demand I post something to Instagram/Facebook for them :p

Anonymous said...

GINA GREAT PIC OF U N PAM~~LOVED THE EXPRESSIONS OF THE 3 KIDDOS WITH THE ANTI PAM GIFT BAGS~~THEY SEEM VERY HAPPY~~LOVE U MOM