Sunday, September 1, 2013

Nine

My sweet girl just turned nine! I can hardly believe it. She's turning into such a sweet and smart young lady.

I know how Emily's brain works, and I knew the first thing she'd want to do on her birthday is open presents. It was Friday morning and they had to get to school. So, I let her open Aunt Pam's present. I knew she'd love it. She got a doll and a knew outfit, which she immediately put it on. She was happy heading to school.
Untitled
I had brought in cookies for her class, so I knew she'd feel special that day. When I picked her up, she wanted to open more presents. I told her we would have to wait until David got home from work. Luckily, he came home a little early and she got her wish.
IMG_8214
IMG_8212

Ben gave her a popsicle star that he made camping 3 months ago.
IMG_8222

She got right to work.
IMG_8223
IMG_8231

She wanted a make up kit. Just for play.
IMG_8234


Grammy sent her a doll.
IMG_8242


She loved her!
IMG_8243

I made her favorite dinner of roast, mashed potatoes, carrots and rolls. She was happy.
IMG_8244

Then, we noticed a beautiful rainbow in our backyard. It looks like she's at the end of the rainbow. She's our perfect pot of gold!
IMG_8247

My girl never wants cake. No, that's too basic. She wants a pumpkin roll. Emily's birthday means I'm in the kitchen most the day, but she's worth it.
IMG_8250

We san happy birthday.
IMG_8257

Another picture with her Dad. Can you tell someones been playing in her make up kit?
IMG_8264

She wanted 2 candles and to make 2 wishes.
IMG_8267

I think she had a wonderful day. In lieu of a big party, she wanted to have her best friend over for a day of fun and sleepover. So, that's what we did. We went to the Smurf movie. Then, we headed to play golf in the dark. They had fun.
Untitled
The sleepover went well and I think Emily had a great birthday. I told her that half her time with us is done as when she is 18, she'll probably move out and head to college. She assured me, she is never leaving our home. I'm writing that down to remind her of that when she is 18. I love my girl and I hope she stays with us for as long as she wants. We have great colleges around here, and I can still make her pot roast!

3 comments:

Linda said...

I'm so glad she had a fun day, as I knew she would. You make everything special! :) Enjoyed the photos.

And you know me, I'm all for staying at home beyond 18.... plus nowadays more people are doing so, because jobs aren't easy to come by and the cost of living is so high. So, I'm happy Sarah has decided on our local community college at least for the first couple of years of college... the time goes by way too fast.

Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Yep our little girl is growing up. It's hardto believe that the time with you guys might be half over and you know the 2nd half always goes more quickly, but it's nice that she plans to stay with you forever( she knows she's got it good) .
I loved seeing her facial expressions as she opened her gifts and what a nice gift Ben gave her. She is a star for sure. I think he has a little of his Grandpa Pete's skill.
In any case wishing Emily a very happy and successful year full of great accomplishments, at home, at school, at the gym and on the piano....and of course at anything new she is about to try.
Love,
G

Anonymous said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY/ WOW YOUR BEAUTIFUL DIMPLES ARE GETTING BIGGER~~BEN U MADE EM AN AMAZING STAR I LIKE IT GOOD JOB~~NICE PUMPKIN ROLL GIGI~~YUMMY LOVE MOM/GRANNY EM CUTE PIC WITH UR DAD~~ :)