Tuesday, September 17, 2013

7:45

Mornings are a busy time around our house. Most mornings, I'm getting 3 kids ready for school, feeding them breakfast and making them lunch at the same time. My counter looks something like this:
IMG_5836
Emily always has a ham sandwich with extra mustard, pretzels/chips/cheesey crackers. Instead of fruit, she wanted broccoli and ranch. I also made homemade pumpkin cookies, so they get one of those. Ben gets a PB&J with the crusts cut off, fruit, pretzels or chips (he doesn't care for cheesy crackers much) and fruit. This morning, it was raspberries, strawberries and bananas. David and I agree that they must have the best lunch in the entire school.

It's hectic and crazy and then at 8:15 something magical happens. David loads all the kids up for school and it's silent. Well, not on Tuesday and Thursday because Noah doesn't have school on those days, but the other days are pretty wonderful. It feels so strange to have the house to myself. Nobody is asking me for anything. I can work uninterrupted. It's only for a few hours, so I make the most of it!

Noah isn't loving school yet, but he does seem to like it once it's over. That's something, right? He's always happy when I pick him up. Dropping off though, his head is still down and he's just unsure about everything. Last night he kept saying A MAN. I didn't quite get what he was saying. Then, he told me they all say it at school and close their eyes. Oh, you mean AMEN! Got it. His teacher is great and starts the school day off with a prayer. Noah recited it for us in this video that Emily took. You can hardly hear him though because David and Ben were wrestling on the bed. He says, something I can't understand and then, "Dear God, thank you for all the children. Amen."

His teacher is a special woman. She taught Emily and Ben too. She's in her 60's and when most of us would be thinking about getting an RV and traveling around the country. But, her and her husband just adopted 2 foster children. I'd love to be more like her, but I'm too selfish. I figure in heaven she'll be on an upper tier and I'll be with the common good people on the lower level. I'm okay with that.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Loved reading your update and the sweet little video.

You and I certainly live entirely different lives. I can't ever remember making breakfast for Sarah - she and I don't eat breakfast, never have, or if we do, it's only when we're off and we eat late morning. She and I both take "lunches" but mine - I eat it mid-morning at work and that's my only meal until dinner, and Sarah, she makes her own lunch (she doesn't like the school lunches), and I have no part in any of that, other than buying the food. I've never been home to see her off to school, because I'm at work, by the time she's getting up and going, and it's just as well, because she is a huge grouch in the mornings and does best (even when she was younger) to just leave her alone and manage until it's time to leave, lol.

Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Finally... Enrique has been bugging me at least 3 times a day to check if there is any news from Gina. That's what he calls your blog. Actually it's "Ginita" so today was a cause for celebration, so you see you I were both happy today.
Anyway glad to see the kids are having great lunches and that Noah is into saying a prayer for the children. A men!
Love,
G.

Anonymous said...

AHHHHH~~NOAH I LOVED YOUR LITTLE PRAYER~~AMAN~AMEN~~YOU ARE SUCH A LIL ANGELBABY~~I LOVE YOU, GRANNY