Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Open House

Today was an open house at Noah's preschool. We were all really worried about how it would go. After Noah's crying fit after one lap in karate, we just weren't sure how he'd respond to preschool. I asked him a few times about it and he said he was scared.

Today was the day. It was from 9:30-11 and you could go anytime in there. I know after years of these things that you never go right on time. You go the last 30 minutes. I thought 25 kids and parents in the little room would be overwhelming to him. I was happy when we got there and the teacher told me we just missed the crowd. Perfect. There were only 2 other families there. I wanted a kid or two so he knows it's fun, but not 25.

We walk in and the teacher comes over to greet him. She kneels down and introduces herself. We see her often at Costco and she was Ben and Emily's teacher. She put out her hand to shake his and he just sat there staring at her. Then, his little lip started to turn down and I thought abort, abort! Let's move on. So, we went to wash our hands. He cheered up in the bathroom as he liked the little stool and the automatic paper towel dispenser.
Untitled

Then, each kid gets their picture taken. He wouldn't crack a smile.
Untitled

I had to fill out some paperwork, so I sent him over to the play kitchen. Funny story...we sold the play kitchen about 3 months ago. Emily got it from Santa when she was 2. Noah barely played with it anymore. He'd usually go over about once a week and toss all the baskets out and then move on. So, I put it on Craigslist. Yesterday, he says to me, "hey, where's my kitchen?" I guess that shows how often he played with it if it took him 3 months to realize it's gone.

Anyway, he was excited to play in the kitchen. So, he went over there and made me some pizza.
Untitled

He'd look over from time to time to make sure I was still at the table. Then, another family came in. The little boy had gone to this preschool last year, so he was an old pro. He went over to the play area and they started playing vet with Clifford. Noah's first friend! His name is Sawyer. I know he must be good because with a name like Sawyer, I can bet his parents were fans of the show Lost as Sawyer was the best character on there. They played well together and I could here Noah talking to him and stuff. It was so cute.
Untitled

On our way out, each kid gets a snack and a juice box. Noah thought it was fantastic!
Untitled

As we were leaving he told me he was so excited for school. Success!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! So happy all went well. I know he'll have a great year. Love you!

Love,
Pam

Anonymous said...

Gina, it sounds as if you know your little man very well.The fa ct that your last word was sucess should predict the year ahead for Noah..... It is nice that he got to meet a little friend before he goes for real. I remember back to Emily's first day at pre school and how surprised you were about her independence. Hopefully Noah will be the same....and that everyone will have a great year.
Love,
G.

Linda said...

Hi,
I'm sure Noah will do great! :)

I don't have any experience with pre-school other than what I've seen from you and my sister, because Sarah never went - she just went straight to all-day Kindergarten and look where we are now - ending grade school. Sob.....

Anyway, I'm sure he will have a wonderful time and wish all of your children a great school year! xoxo
Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

that's our noah cute as always~~g-ma

Anonymous said...

happy that noah met his lil friend sawyer :)