Sunday, August 11, 2013

New Wheels

We go on family bike rides often. Ben has learned to ride a bike with no training wheels this year. Noah uses training wheels and probably will for the next 2-3 years. This limits how far we can go as he just can't go as far or as fast as the rest of us. I also go on bike rides with my friend for exercise at least once a week. I put Noah in a child bike seat on my bike. The problem is that he's gotten too big. His knees are in my butt.

Enter the trail a bike and Craigslist. This invention is genius.
Noah's new wheels. Sweet!
Away we go. This solves all our problems. Noah can go on longer rides with us. He can also learn balance and maybe he'll be out of training wheels even sooner then the other kids were. This was $200 new, but we got one that looks brand new on Craigslist for $90. The best part is that we can turn around and sell it in 2 years for probably the same amount. Awesomeness!

Noah loves it, but he prefers just to kick back and not peddle. Um, that's not what I was hoping for when we bike up the hills in our neighborhood. I'm hoping he starts to help out soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gina, that is quite an add on you found. I have never seen that before. Knowing Noah he will be pedaling his way all over PV before too long. He looks very proud of himself in the pic at least. Anyway have lots of fun.☺
Love,
G

Linda said...

That's great!! :)

Enjoy those family bike rides, I know you do. There comes a time where they don't even want to be seen on a bike ride with parents (that's Sarah for many years now), although she'll still go on walks with us occasionally, so I don't get it.

Love, Linda