Thursday, August 8, 2013

Four

Noah turned 4 today! Four. I can hardly believe it. It seems like it's been so long since he was born, yet I can still remember it like it was yesterday. I guess that happens when go through what we did. Being born 9 weeks early might have been a struggle for some kids, but not Noah. Nope, that kid was ready to fight and said "later" to the NICU just 18 days later. He was technically 34 1/2 weeks and just tipped the scales at 4 pounds and we were on our way home. By far the scariest time in my life.

Noah was excited to turn 4 today. Sorry for the picture overload, but he was just so cute and had so many expressions. I had to post them all. Noah doesn't really like cake or ice cream or anything sweet, but when given all the options, he wanted a pumpkin cake. So, that's what I made him. He wanted to help.
IMG_8020

IMG_8021

IMG_8022

IMG_8023

IMG_8026

IMG_8028

IMG_8030

While the cake was baking, he was DYING to have some. So, I made him chocolate chip cookies. I even sang him happy birthday.
IMG_8032

IMG_8036

IMG_8037

IMG_8039

IMG_8040

He couldn't wait for us to get Emily and Ben at school. He misses playing with them during the day. We headed to pizza for dinner, since it's one of the five things Noah will eat. Noah was drawing the Ninja Turtles while we waited.
IMG_8042

We got home and opened gifts. Ben and Emily made Noah a card. Noah loved them.
IMG_8047

He also got cards and money from Grammie & Grampie and Granny. Papa and Grandma Suzy sent him some Star Wars figures. He loved them.
IMG_8051

Then, he got some Ninja Turtles.
IMG_8055

IMG_8057

Emily got him this stuffed Ninja Turtle which he loved.
IMG_8058

IMG_8061

Sweet story behind that stuffed turtle. Emily and I went shopping at Target last weekend. She picked out a few outfits for herself. There was a shirt or two that I didn't get because they were too expensive. And by that, I mean $15. Isn't that bad? But, it's true. She was torn between getting one of two shirts. One was $8. The other $15. No brainer to me. In any case, she asked if we spent too much money. I told her no. Then, we were walking by the bedding department and Emily stopped in her tracks when she passed the stuffed turtle. I told her it wasn't on sale and was $20, so maybe we'd get it another time. She said, "well, why don't I put back those 2 shirts and we can get him the turtle." She was being so sweet and selfless that I got the turtle and she got her shirts too. I love when you catch your kids being a good person.

Then, we had cake.
IMG_8062

IMG_8075

IMG_8076

IMG_8079

And everyone (my husband included) got to play with all the toys.
IMG_8084

I hope Noah had a special birthday. He's a special boy, and we love him so much.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the perfect birthday for the little monkey! So sweet about Emily and the gift. Loved all the pics! Happy birthday, buddy! XO

Love,
Auntie Pam

Linda said...

Such a wonderful day!! :) Love your Target story and of course you walked out of Target only spending so much and I went there last week with Sarah and spent close to $300. Expensive!!! I guess I should have been adding up the clothes items as we shopped, but there were so many cute things there. It will be a while before we go there again though. :O

Anyway, looks like Noah had a wonderful Birthday and loved all of the photos.

Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Well, thru my tears, I will say what a beautiful vibrant lovely sweet smart boy you have raised! Sounds like he had a birthday fit for a King Mutant Turtle!! And Emily,....well, of course she would give up her treasures for Noah. She really is a wonderful big sister.And lovely all around....And then there is Ben....I am sure that he made Noahs day special also. That would be first on his mind. Take pride in your fabulous family. And your baby is 4.....enjoy these years. Soon he will be 40....

Anonymous said...

Ok....so now I see that I should have at least signed my entries as I am still anonymous......Those last few 'green' entries were from Aunt Paula....or Uncle Terry <3 lol

Anonymous said...

Wow! Love all the pictures. It does look and sound like he had a marvelous 4th birthday. I ♥ that Emily was willing to give up her own new clothes in order to make Noah Happy. She is great Big Sister and wil probably always look out for Noah , much as she did in the first year or so.♥
I was wondering who the anonymous write is. Great job, Paula or Terry!
Wishing you more days of happiness for the weekend. Those toys should keep Noah busy for awhile.☺
Love,
G.

Piper AndTheKids said...

Happy birthday, Noah!

That face over the Star Wars figures is my favorite :D

Anonymous said...

HI~~HAPPY 4TH BIRTHDAY TO OUR ANGELBABY~ :)YOU LOOK SOO CUTE~~ BEN YOU JUMP JUST LIKE A NINJA AND SPIDERMAN~~I WAS VERY IMPRESSED WITH YOUR KARATE MOVES~ YOU GO BEN~CUTIE PIE~!! AND EMILY, CUTE 'LIL MISS DIMPLES, WE ALL KNOW YOU HAVE A BIG SOFT HEART FOR EVERYONE~~HOW SWEET THAT YOU WANTED TO PUT BACK YOUR CLOTHES AND BUY NOAH THE NINJA~~AHHH OH AND YOUR HANDSTAND ON THE BALANCE BEAM~~TOTALLY AWESOME~SUCH BALANCE 'N FORM, GREAT JOB~~I'M SO PROUD OF YOU ALL~~ GINA LOVE THE BIKE N SO DID TAMMY~~ :) I LOVE YOU ALL N MISS YOU~~ GRANNY/MOM