Thursday, August 15, 2013

Croutons

I make homemade croutons instead of buying a bag at the store. It's really simple. I save the heels of the bread or if a few pieces get a little stale, and I toss them in the freezer. Every few weeks, I take it all out, cube it up, add some olive oil and seasoning salt and bake. It makes delicious croutons out of something that would have gone in the garbage.

We leave the container on the kitchen table as we have salad several times a week with dinner. Noah barely eats anything, but he loves my croutons. I find him at the table often having a snack.
Untitled

I love that his life is so simple right now and he can spend his day playing with his action figures and getting into the croutons. Ah, the life of a 4 year old.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep they are tasty, that's for sure and Noah was quick to catch on to that fact! Snack on, Noah. :)
Love,
G

Anonymous said...

I forgot to mention you had better hide the container when Rachel comes to visit... she loves,loves, loves crotons. ;)
Love,
G

Linda said...

Second time attempting a comment - something seems to be acting up with blogger comments...

Anyway, I just said that we don't eat enough regular bread in our house to make croutons so I just buy them because they're cheap. You're really creative and I'll bet yours are super tasty! :)

Love, Linda