Monday, August 5, 2013

2 and 4

Emily and Ben started school today. It really couldn't have come at a better time. I loved our summer together. It was an absolute blast. But, it was time. Time for them to read a book, to learn, to be on a schedule. It's the perfect ebb and flow of the school year. The summer started right when they need a break, and it ended right when I needed a break.

Emily is in the fourth grade this year. She had me chop off 3 or more inches of her hair last night. She looks so sweet.
IMG_7979
IMG_7982

Ben is in second grade this year. He always looks so handsome.
IMG_7984
IMG_7987

Noah was totally bored with the photo shoot.
IMG_7992

IMG_7996

Noah got to join in a picture.
First day of 4th and 2nd grade. And preschool for Noah ( but not for a month).

The kids have stellar teachers, and I know we are going to have a great year. Noah starts preschool after Labor Day. I'm just praying he doesn't walk in and run out, like he did with karate last week.

In any case, it was nice to get the kids off to school. I came home to a quiet house, and Noah and I went for a bike ride with my friend Dakri. We missed our exercise all summer long. It just didn't happen with all the kids home. It felt good to get out there and stretch our legs. I could've done without the hills, but the views were beautiful. We saw ducks or geese (not sure), horses, alpaca, goats, jackrabbits. No wonder Noah wasn't bored on the back of my bike.
Untitled

It's nice to get back on track. The house was so quiet today. I got tons of work done. I think school started just in time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics! The kids are getting so big! Ben is looking more like David, I think. Hope everyone has a great school year, that means you too, my friend! Enjoy your "me" time! XO

Love,
Pam

Linda said...

Wonderful first day pictures! And I love the photo from your bike ride - just beautiful!

It's funny how things are different though - for me, with only one kid, all I tend to do when school is on is stress about her ALL the time. That's why the school year time is so much more work (emotionally) for me (and her of course!).

Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Love Emily's new hair length. Her hair looks so nice and healthy. Of course I know it probably had a little extra care for the 1st day of 4th grade. Ben 's hair looks good too. Looks like he is growing his out a bit. I agree with Pam , in fact I mentioned the same thing to Grampie yesterday how for the 1st time I see a little of David in Ben's face. Also love his new glasses. I hope he has a great 2nd grade Hard to believe this is really his 3rd year in school ( full time)Noah is probably going to love his time at school this year too. He will meet some new friends and be expected to follow someone else's rules.Let's hope all goes well.After all his Big 4th birthday is coming up quickly.

As always thanks for the update.Hope the year is successful for all. ♥♥♥
Love,
G.
PS the number I have to type in below is so blurry who knows if this will go through...
update it did not.Trying again