Wednesday, July 31, 2013

What can you buy for $2?

Sometimes I just love couponing so much that I want to shout it from the rooftops. Some weeks are blah and deals are slim pickings. Other weeks, like this one, I love that I coupon and that I work for a great blog that helps people save money.

Today, I got all this at Fry's.
shopping 1

3 ears of corn
5 Lysol wipes (all which will go to the classrooms as they are always on the supply list)
3 Gillette Shave Cream
1 Apple Granola bar (one of the only things Noah eats)
1 Land o Frost Honey Ham (Emily's favorite with extra mustard for lunch)
6 Cover Girl single eyeshadow (Emily picked out the colors, she wants a make up kit for her b-day, just for play)
1 Colgate Toothpaste
2 Adult Toothbrushes
3 Kid Toothbrushes
2 Reach Floss
3 Betty Crocker Ultimate Potatoes (we don't eat these, but they were free. They'll go in the donation box at school)
2 Turkey Hill Ice Cream (isn't this the weirdest name for ice cream? It sounds like a brand of whiskey.)
1 pack of ice cream cones (because I don't like to do dishes, so they eat their ice cream on a cone)
1 Betty Crocker Fruit Roll Ups

I paid $1.95 plus tax! I saved over $101.
shopping 2
I would've saved even more, but my store was out of stock of a few things. I LOVE coupons!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! What amazes me is I can spend $100. and walk out carrying it all in one shopping bag. You can save $100. and walk out carrying 3 bags and only have spent $3.00. You are truly a wonder.... :)
Love,
G

Linda said...

I can't imagine this! For one thing, we only have one grocery store and they don't do double coupons or anything like that, so I doubt this system would work for us here. Still, I probably could coupon a little and save a few dollars, but I'm not willing to take the time to do so. I'm impressed by what you accomplish, but I know me and I won't do this, so like G., I'll be the one carrying out 3 bags from Target and spending $300 like I did the other day... ahhh, back-to-school shopping with a 17 year old, lol. :D

Love, Linda