Sunday, July 14, 2013

Vacation, Day 4

Today was chock full of fun. It's after 10:00 and I'm just getting around to finishing this post with another 20 or more photos from this afternoon and evening.

The kids got to go for a ride on the raft this morning. I wasn't sure if Noah would go, but he got right on and held on.
 photo IMG_6843_zps4dc5adcb.jpg
My Dad wasn't going super fast, but they hit some waves and Noah wasn't sure what to do.
 photo IMG_6865_zps380fafb8.jpg
Then, he took a cue from his brother and sister and smiled.
 photo IMG_6866_zpsbe1659bf.jpg
 photo IMG_6871_zps924c405d.jpg
This is the perfect picture of my kids. Ben the daredevil has no hands. Emily is the cautious daredevil. She'll take her hands off but only if she knows she can hold on quickly. Noah is holding on for dear life. But, he's only 3 and I fully expect that to change in the years to come.
 photo IMG_6875_zps2ecb0163.jpg
Noah had enough, so the other 2 got to go out alone and fast.
 photo IMG_6897_zps12a1d0f0.jpg
They had fun. We drive them right to a park that has a fun beach entry, perfect for building castles.
 photo IMG_6910_zps309293ef.jpg
 photo IMG_6913_zps2a27eabb.jpg
 photo IMG_6925_zpsd2e90424.jpg
Ben was trying to be lumberjack and walk on a log. Not as those guys make it look
 photo IMG_6926_zpse6d17dcd.jpg
 photo IMG_6929_zps66f539c2.jpg
There was also a really fun playground.
 photo IMG_6932_zps649ab064.jpg
 photo IMG_6934_zpscc926b41.jpg
 photo IMG_6936_zpsfbdf0e34.jpg
There was a path through the forest. David had gone on ahead and was doing Big Foot calls.
 photo IMG_6940_zps8fd311b7.jpg
On the way home, Noah didn't want to go on the raft, so David went. His face was making me laugh.
 photo IMG_6947_zps42c7a9b8.jpg
 photo IMG_6950_zps777c8cb2.jpg
 photo IMG_6952_zps5ad267a7.jpg
While the grown ups regrouped. The kids played in the sprinklers. Ben was trying his best ninja moves on it.
IMG_6966
And if a trampoline is fun, it's even more fun when a sprinkler gets you every 20 seconds.
IMG_6971
After a shower, Emily took some time to play piano with Grandma Suzy. Mrs. Stacy would be so impressed.
IMG_6976
Then, it was time for smores. Now, it doesn't get dark until 10:00, so we started smores while it was still light out. It's always a good time for smores.
IMG_6977
Noah only eats the chocolate out of smores, so he ran on the trampoline stopping only for 3 more squares of Hershey's.
IMG_6981
I don't really have too many pictures of the cabin. Here's one shot.
IMG_6983
My Dad chopping down wood.
IMG_6984
David is the official marshmallow roaster.
IMG_6985
I think Ben enjoyed his smore.
IMG_6988
Here's this cute bench my Dad and Suzy crafted.
IMG_6997
My Dad bought sparklers for the kids.
IMG_7011
IMG_7015
My Dad also got them these light up styrofoam bars. They were cool. Look at how sunny it is. It's 9:15 in this photo.
IMG_7023
Then, the neighbor brought over some left over sparklers she had. My Dad was laughing. He buys the 12 inch ones and she comes over with the 3 feet long ones. It was very thoughtful of her. She said I brought these over for the kids and my husband immediately lit one up.
IMG_7028
IMG_7037
IMG_7044
IMG_7047
IMG_7050
Emily likes this picture of the sticks.
IMG_7063
Wow, what a fun day. I don't think we could have fit anything else in there if we tried. I'm about ready to pass out and the kids are all still going.

6 comments:

Linda said...

So much fun!! I'm enjoying all of your travel entries and photos. :) Thanks for sharing!

Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

What a fun day! So happy to see you're having a great trip!
Love,
Pam

Anonymous said...

Fun, fun, and more fun! You guys are having a blast... not sure who's doing the planning, but they sure are doing a great job. The kids are having a blast, and quite sure you and David are having a good time as well. Your Dad and Suzy will be recovering for weeks when you leave. Looks like they've gone above and beyond to make sure you all have fun! I hope you enjoy every minute you have left.Only two more days and then off on another adventure.
Love,
G

Anonymous said...

so this IS YOU MOTHER AND I TYPED A BIG LONG LETTER AND I DON'T THINK IT CAME THROUGH~~I AM NOT HAPPY BOUT THAT I THINK I FORGOT TO PRESS ANONYMOUS :( :(

Anonymous said...

OMG WOW SOOO MUCH EXCITMENT AND FUN ALL ROLLED TOGETHER IN ONE DAY~~I SMILED AND LAUGHED AT EACH PIC~~WHERE WERE YOU GINA? I WOULD HAVE LIKED TO SEE A PIC OF YOU~~HMMM~ PAPA AND GRANDMA SUZY HAVE GONE ABOVE AND BEYOND AND THEY LOOK LIKE THEY'RE HAVING A BLAST TOO~~DAVID MAKIN BIG FOOT NOISES IN THE WOODS, NOW THAT WAS A STOMACH BUSTER~~LOL DID THE KIDS EVER FIND OUT?? I WALKED ROCKO, FRI SAT SUN AND TODAY MONDAY~ :) CLOUDY THUNDER DREARY WINDY N COOL~~ I LOVE IT, NOW BRING ON THE RAIN~~YEPPERS== LOVE N HUGS TO ALL OF YOU, MOM/GRANNY PS WHEN I'M PROVING I'M NOT A ROBOT, I REALLY FEEL I'M VOTING FOR AUNA~MEMORIES~~ Y'ALL HAVE SOME MORE OF THAT GOOD OLE FUN OK PSS MY 3RD POST N I WILL DO THE ROBOT THINGIE N PRESS ANON

Anonymous said...

4th post ALL IS JUST FINE HERE~~VERY QUIET AND PEACEFUL :) :) I DO TALK TO ROCKO QUITE A BIT~~ :) n he always listens :)