Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Vacation, Day 13

I can't believe this was our last fun day of vacation. I'm so glad I blogged about each day because I would never remember what we did without it. Well, I could look at pictures, but it's nice to have the stories as they happened. It took almost an hour every night to get the blog done, but I'm so happy I did.

Aunt Paula made pancakes for breakfast. Amy and Emily made palm trees out of fruit. They were cute and yummy.
IMG_7830

Then we went to the beach. We headed to a different beach at low tide, so we had lots of sand. It was super nice. The coolest thing was the starfish all over the rocks. I've never seen anything like it.
IMG_7835

IMG_7836

Thank goodness cousin Amy was with us because I would have never touched these things. I'm so glad my kids are more adventurous than me.
IMG_7839

IMG_7843

They ran on the beach.
IMG_7847

They tried skim boarding. Ben fell. Emily just stood there. Noah fell.
IMG_7860

IMG_7862

IMG_7861

He got all butt hurt and had to go recover with some help from Aunt Paula.
IMG_7864

He was back in action a few minutes later.
IMG_7867

IMG_7880

Only to get swallowed up by the sand monster.
IMG_7883

Emily and Ben had a race. Ben won.
IMG_7884

Noah wanted to win, so he got a really big head start.
IMG_7888

David, Aunt Paula and Amy took a dip in the ocean.
IMG_7903

Ben was playing on a sandbar with the mountains in the background. That's Vancouver Island.
IMG_7905

Noah trying on my glasses.
IMG_7907

Amy and I took the rafts out. I told her I'd get all the way wet before I left. After we got out there, I had to flip off my raft.
IMG_7915

David wearing a starfish.
IMG_7918

Emily wanted to hold it again. By the way, Emily has a boo boo on her chin. She was on a log a few days ago and another log was crossed sitting on top. She thought it would be stable enough and stepped onto it. The log fell and she fell and hit her chin on another log.
IMG_7919

Amy, Noah and Emily walking on the rocks.
IMG_7922

A pretty view on the way home.
IMG_7927

Since it was our last night, the kids took a jacuzzi bath in the tub.
IMG_7929

And we had to get gelato ice cream....again. Noah had Blue Smurf flavor.
IMG_7932

Wow, what a great vacation we have had. We still have a day of adventure to get home tomorrow starting with a ferry at 8:30. Our flight leaves at 2:30, so we'll kill a little time at a playground or something. We are so thankful to my Dad and Suzy and Uncle Terry and Aunt Paula for such a great vacation. My only not so great day was the one night I spent in a hotel. So happy that we could spend so much time with our family having fun.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you blogged everyday, too! What an amazing trip! I loved all the pics and hearing about your adventures! Safe travels tomorrow! Hugs and kisses to all! Love you!

Love,
Pam

Anonymous said...

GINA, WELL I GUESS I JUST SMILE N LAUGH N OHHH N AHAAA, AT YOUR PICS AND YOUR BLOG~~NOW I CAN SAY I HAVE HAD A GREAT ADVENTURE, EVERYDAY SINCE YOU'VE BEEN GONE~~SO THANKS SOOO MUCH!! I'VE ENJOYED EACH N EVERYDAY OF YOUR TRAVELS~~YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU BLOGGED YOUR V-KAY~~YOU DID SO MUCH MY HEAD IS SPINNING~~ LOL NOW COME HOME SAFE AND I'LL SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW~~ALL MY LOVE MOM/GRANNY

Linda said...

A wonderful, perfect vacation!!! I've enjoyed so much reading, seeing the photos, following along. Thanks for your efforts in posting ♥ Safe travels home...

Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Well everyone else(Pam, Sharon and Linda)have already said it all. So may your last day of boa ,plane and car go safely and hoping for no headache's tonight. Safe travels!
Love,
G.

Anonymous said...

That should be boat, I really don't want you to encounter any boas along the way. :)
G