Monday, July 22, 2013

Vacation, Day 12

Today started early. We were waiting in our car for the ferry by 7:50! We had a nice quiet beautiful ferry ride. Once in Vancouver, we headed to Stanley Park. We saw the Hollow Tree. It's estimated this tree has been around for a thousand years.
IMG_7653

Then, we did a little souvenir shopping. The streets were pretty.
IMG_7656

We were hoping to find something Squatchy (as in Bigfoot) since B.C. is known for sightings and he was one of the mascots at the 2010 Olympics. We didn't have any luck, but we did find this cool hat for Ben.
IMG_7658

Here's a view of the city. I love the Chevron in the middle of the water.
IMG_7659

We stopped to see the totem poles.
IMG_7660

IMG_7666

Ben figured out how to climb walls.
IMG_7668

We went to the water park and the kids had a great time playing.
IMG_7672

IMG_7677

IMG_7685

IMG_7690

IMG_7691

Well, Noah had a great time until he collided with another boy and got hurt.
IMG_7688

He was set on pouting and crying. We finally distracted him with squirting Emily.
IMG_7698

Emily kept him happy after that. She can be so sweet and motherly sometimes.
IMG_7702

IMG_7719

They have a huge dryer for kids to go in to dry off after. It wasn't all that effective. We have stronger breezes back home, but it was still fun.
IMG_7722

This was the view from the park of Lions Gate Bridge.
IMG_7723

Emily and Ben were climbing trees on the way back to the car.
IMG_7726

We ate lunch and my kids polished off a whole pizza by themselves. I think they worked up an appetite. Then, we headed to Lynn Canyon. There is a suspension bridge, waterfalls and creeks. The bridge was freaky!
IMG_7730

The trail to the water was really pretty and wound its way through the woods.
IMG_7732

I loved all the roots from the trees.
IMG_7733

I love this kid in the tree.
IMG_7739

These branches looked like natural rope swings. Emily gave it a try, but it didn't work so well.
IMG_7740

We passed a gynormous rock just begging to be climbed.
IMG_7741

IMG_7744

Aunt Paula looking cute out by the water.
IMG_7746

My kiddos.
IMG_7749

They were a little unsure at first, but David took them around and they were pros in no time.
IMG_7754

IMG_7761

IMG_7763

IMG_7766

Even Noah was having fun.
IMG_7782

Me on a rock.
IMG_7804

Here's the bridge on the way back.
IMG_7806

This was the view of below the bridge.
IMG_7810

We drove up a mountain to a scenic outlook. We are now on the opposite side of Lions Gate Bridge. Emily was so tired, she stayed in the car.
IMG_7813

IMG_7818

IMG_7822

IMG_7827

Our wonderful hosts.
IMG_7825

We got back on the ferry and made it home by 6:30. It was a full day, and we all had a great time.

Tomorrow is our last full day here. We are planning to spend it at the beach!

4 comments:

Linda said...

Okay, I'm wondering how I'd ever get around there, because I would not be on that bridge! :O There really is not an adventurous bone in my body. Jim would attest to that. But it all looks beautiful through the camera lens! :)

Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

What an exciting and activity packed day in the city. Your kids must be in dream heaven come.night time each day. Somehow or other I guess I got my info confused as I thought you were leaving on Tuesday but now I see it must be Wednesday.
There are so many great pictures from this trip. So happy you hgot that nice one of T&P. They look so great and happy. They have done a super job on showing you guys a great time while visiting the west coast of Canada. Sorry no BigFoot sightings. But hey you saw snow capped mountains, coyotes,tall knobby mountains. Trees you can stand inside and climb and swing from, giant sand sculptures, deer. The Great PacificOcean, a Chevron station in the middle of the water way , a swinging bridge,and so many other interesting sights.All in all I'd say you packed plenty of sightings into the past 5 days, and provided me sights I had never seen even though I have been to BC a frw times. Thanks for almost making me feel I was there with you. :)
Love,
G

Gina said...

Hi Mom. I know you'll see this before you check your email. Can you please take out one of those gallons of milk that we froze, so we can have coffee Thursday morning? Always thinking ahead! Thanks for everything. See you soon. Love you! ~ Gina

Anonymous said...

GINA, OK I TOOK OUT THE MILK~ :) OMGOSH, ALL THOSE PICS ARE SOOO BREATH TAKING~~ABSOLUTLY BEAUTIFUL~~I MISS YOU GUYS~~MY GRANDKIDS ARE SOOO CUTE AND ADVENTURESOME--LIKE YOU AND DAVID ON THE BIG WOODEN STILTS~~YESTERDAY--CUTSIE!! :) WELL BETWEEN PETE SUZY-TERRY N PAULA~BEING THE HOSTS AND HOSTESS'S WITH THE MOSTEST~ I'D SAY YOU ALL HAVE HAD A TERRFIC AND AMAZING V-KAY~~ENJOY THE BEACH~~SEE YOU ALL SOON HUGS~~ MOM/GRANNY