Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Patriotic Rest Home Visit

Emily's piano teach and our family friend, Stacy, put on a great recital performance for a rest home during the holiday's. You can watch our performance from Christmas here. The workers there told us to come back soon and not wait for Christmas. So, Stacy planned a great patriotic performance. I think they really enjoyed it.

Emily played the piano.


Ben and his buddy Caleb did a reading.


There was lots of singing. Noah didn't sing. But, he was chewing gum, so it looked like he was singing.


We had a trumpet solo and 3 other girls played piano. Several other kids did a reading. Some Moms gave the staff baked goods. The kids make cards for the residents so we can give them a little gift. When we sing, Ms. Stacy plays the piano. It's a rockin' show!

We do the performance once through for the mentally challenged residents.
 photo IMG_6427_zps5770805e.jpg
Then, we go over to the more agile residents and perform there.
 photo IMG_6446_zps2d9763a2.jpg
Noah didn't perform anywhere. It just stood there and looked cute.
 photo IMG_6430_zpscbd20501.jpg
This is Oval! She's still there. In December she is 101! I didn't think we'd see her again. Actually, I was surprised how many faces I recognized. It's not too often that you meet someone over the age of 100!
 photo IMG_6435_zpsb1006f65.jpg
And here's Ms. Stacy with her piano girls.
 photo IMG_6452_zps092bd37b.jpg
I feel so lucky that I'm a part of such a great group of women who do this. We keep adding members to our group and we are getting larger and I'm thrilled I'm a part of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gina, it is wonderful for all concerned that the kids get to have this experience. I am so glad they have this opportunity thanks to Ms Stacey. She does a great job with the children. EMILY has come so far with her playing in this past year. Great job by all concerned. :)
Love,
G.

Linda said...

This is so great. I love everything about it. ♥

Love, Linda