Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Spring Biking

Ben just turned 7 and hasn't gotten the hang of riding a bike without training wheels. We sometimes take family bike rides and he's always so much slower than the rest of us. Sometimes, he just says he wants to stay home with my Mom. It's hard for him to go as quick as we do with training wheels. I put Noah on the back of my bike in his seat. I decided it was time for Ben to learn and if we went out every day on Spring Break Ben might get the hang of riding his bike.

Last night was a little disasterous. Ben has a hard time going straight. He crashed a few times. David was exhausted running behind him and catching him 100 times.

This morning I suggested we try it again. I wasn't sure what I was expecting, but within a few tries, he was getting it.

He can't turn or get started on his own, but at least he's finally going straight and he can stop! I'm so proud of him.

Ben asked me a few minutes ago if we were going back out front tonight. I asked him if he wanted to try riding his bike again? He said, "You know, I think I'm more of an indoor person." He's so funny. And he can hang out inside all he wants once he learns how to ride his bike.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I remember bike riding lessons for Sarah - like swimming, she was much older than most kids when she finally got it and that's fine.

I love bike riding and can't wait to get ours out, though some people here ride all through the winter (not me). I hope by the time we have our Spring Break (it begins on Good Friday and runs the first week of April) it's warmer out because let's see - it's 27 degrees here this morning, with a slight dusting of snow on the ground. :P

Love, Linda