Thursday, January 31, 2013

It's A Beautiful Day

After 5 days of rain and snow (which is unusual for us here in Arizona), the clouds have left and the sun is shining. I spotted "The Peaks" on my drive home from the grocery store today. They are mountains about 100 miles from us. They go up to about 13,000 feet, not that you can tell from this photo.
Untitled
But, they are covered with snow. I'm so itching to teach my kids how to ski. Well, I think I would let an instructor teach them. I didn't learn until I was 18, and I wish I had learned when I was younger. Ben is totally up for it. Surprisingly, Emily is a little scared. Noah would probably get left at home with Granny for now. We'll see if we do it this winter.

The sun is shining and it's 46 degrees. Perfect for a bike ride. This is the first time I took Noah out on the open road. He's just getting the whole pedaling thing down.
Untitled
Untitled
He did a really good job except for when he wants to "zig zag" and he ends up in the rocks. We'll work on steering next time.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Wow, warm enough for shorts all of a sudden! :) Looks like a gorgeous day there and the mountains in the distance are breathtaking! I wish we had views like that here, but it's just not the case, lol.

Current temp here is 22 - feels like 7 with the wind. It's okay with me though since those 60 degree days here at this time of the year, can wreck things like my Apple trees if they open up early and freeze again like they did last year.

I always enjoy your blog updates.
Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Looks and sounds like Noah is doing just great these days! Yeah Noah.. Liked Ben's comic strips from your last post as well. It seems like everyone is doing well and that is great!
Love,
G.