Saturday, November 10, 2012

Seasons

After we had Emily, David wanted to move. He hated the heat, the traffic, the crime and pollution in Phoenix. Well, everyone hates those things, but Phoenix has a lot to offer too. We explored the idea together and settled on Prescott. Close enough to friends and family, but far enough to not endure 115 degree heat for most the summer.

I wasn't sure how I'd do here, but I love it! I love everything about this small town. Surprisingly, my favorite thing is seasons. In Phoenix, you have hot days for 6 months and nice days for 6 months.

They say Prescott has a mild four season climate. Meaning, you get to enjoy each season, but you won't get buried in 3 feet of snow nor will it ever get 115. I find myself looking forward to each new season and several months in, I'm longing for the next phase.

Right now, I'm longing for electric blankets, something hearty in the crock pot, flannel sheets and snow. Right on cue mother nature delivered today.
Photobucket
Sure it wasn't enough to stick, but we were all super excited to see it. Tonight I'm thankful that I live in a place that gets to enjoy the windy days of spring, the warmth of summer, the crisp mornings of fall and the chill of winter. Bring it on!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For sure the four seasons was something I missed when we moved to Florida. Itruly did not miss having to shovel a drive way in the winter to get the car out or the days the car would not start because it was just too far below zero, but I do miss seeing the snow just about gome and the little plants starting to push up through the now exposed earth, the new leavrs and buds popping out over night on the bushes and trees, the beautifully colored leaves of the fall and even playing in the leaves once they are on the ground on one of those nice and breezy fall days. There are enough days in Florida to mimick the beginning xand endind and full blown summer to keep me happy in that regard. The one part of winter I do miss is sitting inside and watching the snow fall and pile up outside. I love to see kids playing in the snow , building snowmen and having fun sliding and skiing down the snow slopes and getting those pretty pink cheeks from playing outside. Allin all I think you guys have the best of all seasons just where you are located and your kids get to enjoy a little bit of all seasons.
Love,
G.

Linda said...

Your four seasons are not as drastic as our four seasons. ;) Here each season is drastically different than the other. Yesterday, for example, it was 70 degrees at 1:00 p.m. Jim and I enjoyed a nice long walk on the new bike trail that runs behind our house. By 7:00 p.m. the temperature was in the upper 20s and with the cold rain that arrived, were a few snow flurries (so they say, but I didn't really see them since it was dark out).
Love, Linda