Sunday, November 18, 2012

Noah

Oh our little witch monkey...

He's my strong willed child. He's a piece of work. He's difficult, stubborn and his smile lights up a room. He's felt pretty rotten for the past few weeks which makes him even tougher to handle. Tonight he wanted his dinner served on a tray in front of the TV. We never do this and because he had sat on the sofa all day and eaten about 42 calories the enitre day, I figured what the heck.

The King was served...
Photobucket
and he ate nothing.

I brought out the breathing machine to help with his cough and it reminded me of that first year. Feedings every 1, 5 and 9 AM or PM. Then, he got sick all the time and it was breathing treatments that lasted 30 minutes every 4 hours. It was awful. Literally, it was the hardest year of my life, David's life and hopefully, Noah's life.

Tonight I'm grateful for my little man, Noah. He's a fighter, and I wouldn't have him any other way.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I can relate with Sarah - she caught RSV at one month of age and whereas many babies with that at that time were in a hospital ward (and many dying from it), the doctor thought I could handle her at home and so it was breathing treatments much as you mentioned, in the midst of her being a very, very strong-willed infant (no cuddling, nothing would console her), and so she fussed right through the mask that I had to put over her mouth & nose every hour or so, and her feedings - well, they went on for hours because she's never ever been a big eater. So, yea - I know what you mean, and yet like you, I wouldn't change anything about her strong-willed personality and I consider it a blessing to be her Mom.

I like reading your daily thankfulness, even if I don't write on the blog anymore.

Happy Thanksgiving.
Love, Linda