Friday, November 16, 2012

Married

I was thankful earlier this week for David. My sweet husband who I love and adore.

Today, I'm thankful that I'm married.

Of course, when David leaves everything goes haywire. Ben was up puking one night. Noah's got a fever again and is coughing non stop. Emily is healthy, but extra spicy. I've felt like things are spiraling out of control. I haven't slept well in 5 days. I'm tired. I'm cranky. I'm alone.

Even with my Moms help, I feel like running a house and taking care of three kids is overwhelming. I don't know how single parents do it. I guess as with everything, you learn to adapt and adjust. But, I don't know if I could ever do this without my husband. I know I would never want to.

In all actuality, the week hasn't been all that much different than when David is here. It just makes it a whole heck of a lot easier when you have a partner to share the pain help. I'm so so thankful that I have a good partner. He comes home from work, puts on an apron and helps me with dinner. He makes me coffee every morning. And he'll sleep with a sick kid, so I can get some rest. Wow...I just had an ah-ha moment. I don't deserve him.

But, he's mine and for that I'm thankful.

No comments: