Saturday, October 1, 2011

Saturday Night

On a Saturday night 30 years ago, I would've been hanging out with my childhood best friend Liz. Probably having a sleep over in a tent set up in the backyard. We'd stay up late singing commercials and Cyndi Lauper songs, eating Pop-Tarts and having our older brothers scare us pretending to be the boogie man.

On a Saturday night 20 years ago, I would've been hanging out with my friends in the parking lot of Taco Bell or at a party in somebody's backyard while their parents were out of town.

On a Saturday night 10 years ago, I would've been with my best friend Pam. We'd be at some club in Scottsdale enjoying a long island iced tea or two and dancing the night away.

On a Saturday night now, I'm playing Twister with my family.
Photobucket
It was our first time playing Twister and it was so much fun.
Photobucket
But, I think this guy may have had too many long island iced teas.
Photobucket
A few things I learned tonight. My husband cheats. He purposely picks the farthest circle and puts all his weight on you until you fall. Also, I'm no where near as limber as I was 20 years ago when I was a cheerleader.

What will I be doing on a Saturday night 10 years from now?

I have a feeling my teenage children will not want to play Twister with their parents.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Linda said...

You're probably right about your assumption towards the next 10 years, lol. ;) Twister is great fun though - we used to play with Sarah and Jenny around the holidays - more so Jim and them and I know they remember those good times.

Love your pictures and story line. :)

I have a bunch of photos to post from over the weekend, but they're just on fb right now, as I'm feeling detached from my blog for the moment.

Love, Linda

Anonymous said...

I think you are correct on at least 2 out of 3 of your thoughts.! Your hubby does cheat in games( hopefully not in any other ways) and your kids probably will not be playing twister with you and hubby 10 years from now. It was nice to know you were having a great family game night tho.☼
Love,
G.