Sunday, October 23, 2011

Girl Time

My best friend came to visit Saturday. She comes up every few months and we get some girl time in.

We started at Wildflower Bread Company with some yummy lunch. Then, we went to downtown Prescott to walk around and look in stores. We immediately found a cute hat shop and I had to try on this Jesse hat from Toy Story.
Photobucket
And right when we were about to take a picture of me in a chicken hat, this mean employee told us we couldn't take pictures in the store. Or have drinks, which we had 2. Or food, luckily we weren't eating hot dogs or we would have really been in trouble. Pam told him he was no fun and we left.

We found a pig who was more than happy to take a picture with our soda.
Photobucket
Ben likes this picture of Pam.
Photobucket
We found these artistic fire hydrants.
Photobucket
It was just like old times. Walking around downtown somewhere. Pam clueless as to which way was North, laughing, getting in trouble. It's what best friends do.

This is downtown Prescott. It's lovely.
Photobucket
Half the hotels in Prescott are supposedly haunted. So, we went in one. It looks pretty spooky to me. This hallway is right out of The Shining or something.
Photobucket
Room 16 is where a lady and her cat died. Why would a lady be traveling with her cat? I don't know, but we were trying to channel spirits.
Photobucket
This is the only ghost we found on the balcony.
Photobucket
And to top off the afternoon, I found that same chicken hat at another store that didn't care if we took a picture.
Photobucket
Our girl afternoon was over, but there was still fun to be had. Aunt Pam brought all the kids Halloween gifts. They were pretty excited.
Photobucket
Aunt Pam always brings books for every holiday.
Photobucket
But this time, she also brought us all masks.
Photobucket
Oh the Groucho Marx mask is a hit.
Photobucket
Noah is not in this picture because he was too freaked out by all the masks.
Photobucket
Aunt Pam is the best.
Photobucket
Noah finally got used to the mask...a little.
Photobucket
Then, we played Twister and watched baseball.
Photobucket
It was a great weekend with Pam. And I must say that I think I like this look on me.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Linda said...

LOVE IT!!!! :D

What's with particular stores that don't allow photography. Honestly, that has always made me angry. I remember when we were in Urban Outfitters and Jim was taking a photo of Sarah shopping and a clerk told him no photography - Um..... really??? Of our own daughter! I got angry. It doesn't take much sometimes with me< but I don't understand that stupid rule.

Anyways, down off the soap box. I loved reading about your weekend (Minus that part about no photos in the store), and loved seeing all of your great photos. A lot of fun for sure and your friend Pam is surely the best!!! Awesome. :)
Love, Linda

Pam said...

I always enjoy our visits! This one was lots of fun. Thanks for the lovely hospitality. Can't wait 'till the next time! Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great time was had by all! It is so nice that Pam always remembers the kids and adds to their
library. The masks looked like a big hit. David always got a kick out of that look and it seems to suit him!☼
Love,
G.